Chapter 4

*Four hours later*

I arrived back at our apartment and from what Tony said, going home at 6:00pm was a rare thing. I unlocked the door and relocked it when I stepped inside. Jacob was not home yet. The dogs looked up at me from the couch, before laying back down.

I walked into my room and started to work on putting the frame of my bed together.

*One and a half hours later*

To my surprise I managed to get the bed together on my own. Though I'm not sure where these last two screws go... Oh well. I dropped them in my side table drawer. Hope they're not important.

The door in the front area opened and the dogs went crazy.

"Alex! A little help!" Jacob called.

I sighed. "Coming!" I walked into the living area to see Jacob carrying twenty grocery bags on his arms and holding a basket with five more bags in his hands. I laughed and he glared.

"I will carry an endless amount of bags before I make two trips!" He declared as I took the basket from him. Yeah, that is my brother alright.

"Of course you will." I chuckled.

We put away all of the food and made us some sandwiches. I sat on the couch and Jacob followed.

We ate in silence.

I glanced at Mason's pleading eyes and back at my half a sandwich. He whimpered and placed his head on my lap. I couldn't help it, I gave in. I handed my sandwich over and he took it. He disappeared before I could second guess my choice. With a glance at Jacob I saw Deek had pulled the same stunt. Those thieves!

My brother and I parted ways , the dogs tailing behind their rightful owner, and went to bed.

*5:30 am*

I awoke once again to Jacob's alarm. There was a muffled groan and then a thump. The alarm went silent.

"AL...!" He started.

I slipped out of bed. "Don't even say it!"

"Okay..." He mumbled from the living room.

I changed out of my grey pant suit and took a quick shower before getting into my black pant suit. I sat down on my bed and pulled on my converse all stars. I shuffled to my dresser and put on some deodorant and perfume.

A yipp came from the living room and Jacob shouted. "Deek!" I walked in there to see all the lights out. I hadn't noticed since the ones in my bedroom didn't work yet, we were still installing the fan.

"What in the world, Jac...?" I questioned looking for the breaker box.

"The power went out and I tripped over Deek. The darned box has to be here somewhere." He grumbled.

"Probably just a bad fuse..." I found the box and flipped the main breaker. "Yeah it's the fuse... I'll get one on my way back from work." I stated making my way to the door. It was already 6:45 am.

"Okay." Jacob shouted as I left.

I got into my old neon and turned on the radio and turned on the radio as I pulled into the street.

"...Thank god for the freaking weekend..." I slapped the radio off in a second. Yes it was almost the weekend , but I didn't want to hear a song about it.

*7:00 am*

I went straight to my desk when the elevator dinged. No one was at their desk. I sat down and tapped a pen on my knee as I waited. Gibbs dropped a stack of files on my desk, startling me. I looked up at him.

"You're like a ninja." I said with a grin.

He smirked and sat at his desk. We started to work. Ziva came in fifteen minutes later followed by McGee. Tony showed up half an hour later.

"Glad you could grace us with your presence, DiNozzo." Gibbs said not bothering to look up. How he saw him arrive, your guess is good as mine.

"Sorry, Boss. I over slept." Tony said sitting down.

I looked over at Gibbs desk. "Gibbs?"

He looked up and I pointed at the finished files. I didn't know what to do with them. "Second floor, leave them in the bin and they will be put where they go."

I nodded and did as I was instructed. It took all of ten minutes, but when I got back Gibbs was gone. I had nothing else to do so I took the top half of Tony's stack of files. He looked up at me and grinned.

"Don't flatter yourself." I said and dropped the files on my own desk.

Gibbs reappeared before I could even sit down.

"Grab your gear, we got a dead Petty Officer."

I watched as they all holstered their sidearms and picked up the bags behind their desks. Gibbs sat a bag on my desk and handed me a wallet. Inside the wallet was a badge and NCIS ID. I put it with my phone in my hidden pocket.

Gibbs held out a gun and holster and I reached for them. He moved them away slightly, giving me a serious look. I froze.

"I was cleared." I stated. He nodded and handed them over. He walked away and we followed the the elevator. Tony gave me a look.

"What?" I asked a little more edgy then I intended.

He looked away. "Nothing."