Hospital Hates

Alex's POV

After the doctor left the waiting room I just sat there and stared out the big window looking over our small town. That was until my mom came over to me and broke me out of my trance.

"Hey Alex at least you know that she is going to be okay." She said to me cause she knew what was going through my mind.

"Yeah but that's another thing that's my fault." I said back to her cause it's true I already have enough things that's my fault now I have to add this to the list.

"That's not entirely true. Cause if your father didn't try and kidnap you this wouldn't of happened." She said back to me.

"Yeah but I got her shot and she's lost a lot of blood and now is in a coma. That she might never wake up from and she could die." I told her cause that was the truth she could never wake up from the coma and die. Then what am I supposed to do cause then there's another death that I probably won't be able to get through.

"Yeah but the doctor also said she could wake up anytime now." My mom said back to me.

"Yeah bu...." I start to say before she cuts me off.

"No buts."

"Okay but." I started to say again but she cuts me off yet again.

"I said no buts." She said to me again

"Just listen to me okay." I said to her.

"Okay." She finally said.

"So what I was gonna say was when she wakes up and can get out of the hospital. Ummm can she ummm come and ummm live with us?" I asked her I was so afraid that she was gonna say no.

"I can't believe that you just asked me that." She said and here it goes the no.

"I mean why not I am her older sister and I know I haven't been the nicest person ever to her. But I am kind of responsible for getting her shot at. So why not?" I said / asked her.

"You didn't let me finish but I was going to say of course she can." She said and I was so scared and now confused.

"Wait okay thanks ma and I want to ask her when she wakes up and is it also okay if I ask her with no one in the room with me just me and her?" I asked her

"Yeah of course Alex anything for you." My mom said back to me and that's when I gave her the biggest hug ever since a couple of hours ago when I freed her.

(Okay so now it's going to be the one cop that was friends with Alex's dads POV and if it don't make any sense just let me know. But it will be more explained as the book goes on. Now back to the book.)

Bert's POV

I was sitting at my desk just waiting and since this is a small town not much goes on around here. Like I mean it's not that small of a twin but it's small enough that not a lot of crime happens here. Which is sometimes a good thing but it can also be a bad thing cause then all I do is sit at my desk in my spin chair and spin around until I have to go home. So when crime does happen in happy cause I have something else to do than spin around in my chair all day which does get boring after awhile.

"Hey Bert there was a shooting and you, Jeff, and I where called to go and check it out." Phil comes to my office and tells me while breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Alright let's go." I said back to him as I get up and walk to the cop car and since I'm the sheriff I always go on the calls and have a couple of back ups if needed. So this must have been serious cause they usually handle the shootings on there own and they just tell me so I know. They will also call me if they need my help. So as we all got into the cars I start to ask the usual questions. "So who was involved with this shooting?"