Epilogue

Mirabelle's POV

I awoke to the feeling of soft blankets and a pounding headache. I sat up and looked around, finding myself in an unfamiliar bedroom. I shimmied myself back under the blankets, closing my eyes, trying to keep the headache out.

A little while later I heard a knock at the door and I opened my eyes to see the Doctor standing in the doorway, wearing a cowboy hat on his head. "How are you feeling?" He asked, coming over and sitting by me on the bed. "Other then the headache, I'm fine." I responded, rubbing my head. I was surprised when my fingers came across a few stitches.

"I have two questions. One, where did I get these stitches? Two, what in the name of insanity have you got on your head?" I peered curiously at him, and he laughed and took off his hat. "To answer both questions, it's a long story." He pulled a small pill out of his pocket, handing it to me. "I thought you might want this. It's for the headache." "Thanks," I said, popping the pill in my mouth and swallowing it.

We sat there for a couple minutes before he broke the silence.

"Thank you." He said, smiling at me. "For what?" I asked him, confused. Had I missed something? "For everything." He responded. "Thank you for traveling with me. Thank you for going on crazy adventures when you didn't want to. Thank you for being the most beautiful, funny, brilliant girl I've ever met. Thank you for the wonderful memories." He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead.

I smiled back at him and laughed slightly. "I should be thanking you," I said. He raised his eyebrow inquisitively at me. "Why? All I've done is get you into trouble." I laughed again and crawled out from under the covers, wrapping my arms around him and giving him a quick peck on the lips before looking him in the eyes. "Not all of the time." He raised his other eyebrow. I buried my face in his shoulder. "Thank you Doctor, for taking me to the moon and back."