Chapter 3

Sister Blessy led me to where Sabina's mom is.

"She's still unconscious. She fainted when she learned Sabina was adopted and had this medical condition."

We entered the orphanage clinic. There laid Sabina's mom. Standing beside her bed, I could see their resemblance. Sabina got her pointed nose, her pinkish lips and fair complexion from her mother.

"Maddie Collins, that's her name." Sister Blessy said. "I will shortly leave you here Matt. I have something to attend to. I'll be back in a minute "

I was left alone with Maddie. I can't help but to stare on this woman. This is Sabina's heartless mom! From what I've learned, she's the one who left Sabina five years ago in front of Sweet Angels' Home. If only stare could kill, this woman is already dead! A despicable person hidden inside such angelic face.

MADDIE'S POV

My head badly hurts. My eyes met fierceful gaze from a man standing beside my bed. I tried to get up but I felt dizzy, so I laid back to bed.

"Where am I?"

"Sweet Angels' Home," he replied.

Yeah right. I was talking to Sister Blessy then. I was told about Sabina's condition. My poor Sabina. I could have been there for her.

"Oh, you're awake Maddie. Are you alright?"

Sister Blessy sat beside my bed. I nodded. A little bit dizzy, I managed to sit. I can't stand the man's dreadful gaze making me uneasy. It's a relief Sister Blessy is inside the clinic.

"Let me introduce to you, Matthew Blaine. He is Sabina's legal guardian."

I have a feeling that he dislikes me. He didn't even offer a hand when he was introduced.

"Since Sabina was already with the Blaine's, it is best that you two discuss the matter. I'll give you space. I know you both want the best for our Sabina "

I wanted to pull Sister Blessy's hand to stay with us but she is right. If I wanted something for Sabina, I need to talk to her legal guardian. And here he is standing right beside me.

"So, you're Sabina's biological mother?"

I nodded. I clasp my hands. Is this an interrogation?

"What took you so long to come back? Sabina badly needed the bone marrow transplant. Did you ever knew the pain she's into? Oh, I forgot, you wouldn't care."

Every word slashed my soul. Everything he'd said were true. I deserved to be punished. But if there's one person I need to apologize to, it's to my daughter not him.

"For leaving my daughter, I felt sorry and had been living my guilt since that day. But believe me, I did it for her sake."

He managed a sarcastic smile.

"As much as I wanted you out of Sabina's life, I couldn't afford to do so. She needs your bone marrow."

"I want to see my daughter.."

"Daughter?" He raised his brows. "Now what, you're acting as if you really care? I will not give you such satisfaction."

My adrenaline overriden my shame and guilt. I will not let him stand my way to Sabina.

"Hey mister, I know you're Sabina's legal guardian but I'm her biological mother. I have all the rights to take her with me!"

"Really, now huh? You ceased to be her mother when you left her. And besides, speaking of the custody right, don't be so sure. Do you think I couldn't prove you as unfit mother?"

I was taken aback. He has a point. With Sabina's condition, I couldn't afford her medical needs. And the fact that I left her five years ago, I am really an unfit mother to her.

"Please let me see her," in between sobs I pleaded.

============================

Whoah! What an encounter between Matt and Maddie. Could Matt let her see Sabina?...

Please post your comments and don't forget to click those VOTE and FOLLOW buttons. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!