Chapter 21

I can't get off my head what Aprille said. I thought she was right.

"He married you just to avoid the custody battle in court. That's how Matthew good is and you took advantage of his weakness, you grabbed the big opportunity to become Mrs. Matthew Blaine."

Am I unfair to Matthew? He had to sacrifice marrying me just to have the custody of my child. In my part, it won't be a sacrifice 'coz I really do love him. But how about Matthew? I can't stand the thought that he's in silent protest on our arranged marriage. I can't let him suffer that much.

The door swung open, Matthew entered the room. He's all sweat, just gone jogging. Every weekend he make few rounds to maintain his physique. I turn my back when he took off his shirt, 'til now I feel uncomfortable seeing him naked. I pretended looking for something at the dresser. I almost laugh when I realize I could still see his reflection at the mirror in front of me. I could still see his masculinity. Damn, he's so sexy! I managed a naughty smile.

"Anything funny?", Matthew had a glimpse of me and I was caught off guard.

"Nothing....." I blushed. I pull my hair to cover my face so that he won't notice my face turning red.

He went straight to the bathroom and I hear water gushing from the shower. Aww, dear my brain gone green. I'm thrilled seeing myself taking shower with him. My adrenaline gone high.  

Few minutes, he's out with a robe. He's robbing his wet hair with towel.

"It's Saturday. I promised Sabina that we're going at the beach today. Get ready with our things."

I rushed to the kitchen to prepare for all the things we need for the picnic. In just an hour, we're on our way north. The travel going to the beach was all fun. Sabina asks so many things but Matthew was patient enough to answer all of them. 

"Yehey, beach here we come!" arriving to our destination, Sabina went ahead. 

My daughter cannot contain her excitement. Touchdown to the beach sand, she ran to the water. After fixing our things at the cottage, Lucia joined Sabina and Martin, our driver. Looking at Sabina now, I can't see the traces of her illness before. She gained couple of pounds. I am happy that she is fine now.

"Don't you wanna join Sabina?" Matthew sat beside me. I was sitting on the sand watching my daughter.

"Later, I guess." without looking at him, I replied. My gaze is locked with Sabina. She's flushing water towards Lucia. She's enjoying everything. 

"Daddy! Mommy!"

Sabina was waving her hands asking us to join her in the water. Matthew hand-signed her to just go on. As if, he wanted to enjoy more of their being together. He kissed my hair.

The bell alarms my head. I tend to stand up to join Sabina but Matthew pulled me. I fell onto his chest. It felt good, though. We stayed in such position for a moment. His hand  gently robs my cheek. Somehow, I got the peace of mind I've been longing for.  

__________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Really, in broad daylight? Next chapter would be steamy? 

Please do comment and don't forget to click those VOTE and FOLLOW buttons. Thanks in advance.