Chapter 16

The wedding preparations were rushed. I was relieved that the wedding coordinator did most of the things. In one month's time, the wedding was all set.

Matthew was a very private man. Though he belong to the elite circle, he made sure that the wedding was done privately. As it is, the venue was magical. It was a garden wedding set at Blaine's mansion. For me, it was a fairy tale-like story. It's a dream wedding that I didn't expect to come true.

Marching down the aisle, I was transformed into a queen. My king patiently awaits in front. He look gorgeous in his white tux. When I approached him, he held my hands and together we stood in front of the minister.

While saying my wedding vow, I can't help my tears from falling. I got carried away with the blissful aura of the place. All the more when Matthew was saying his vow while putting the ring on my finger. What were all those tears about? I can't explain.

Matthew gently wiped my tears and smiled. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am presenting to you the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Blaine."

The crowd cheered. Hadn't I known that this was just an arrangement, I could have been very happy. The wedding was solemn. But one thing for sure, I have learned to love the person I just married. It so sad that such was not mutual.

Someone tapped the glass, everybody followed.

"Kiss! Kiss!"

Matthew held my face gently. He lifted my chin and kissed me. My heart was frantically pounding. Matthew drew me closer to him and the kiss grew deeper. I felt there's only two of us, and everybody just disappeared. 

"Ummm...Matt..... please reserve that for tonight", the minister kidded.

Everybody laughed out loud. My face went red and Matthew just scratch his head. He managed to show a naughty smile. For people attending the ceremony, Matthew and I are seemed to be a very much in love couple. I, for one, could also be swayed by his genuine action with the way he look at me, the way he kiss me. Sudden pain crawled my chest. I keep reminding myself, everything is a set-up.

"Daddy Bro! Maddie!", Sabina hugged us both. She's excited when she first learned about the wedding. In her white gown, she's an angel.

"Angel, can I make a request? Why not call us daddy and mommy?" Matthew suggested on Sabina.

"Hmmm... Daddy?..Mommy?...sounds great! From now on, I will call you daddy and mommy!" She jumped out of joy.

"Family picture!", asked the photographer.

That was really the happiest day in my life. What more could I ask, my family is perfect. Matthew was a perfect father to Sabina and more importantly, my daughter called me "Mommy". 

Honeymoon night, I'm not sure what to do, what to expect. Matthew ordered all my things to be brought inside the master's bedroom to make it appear the wedding was real. I knew that this is only an arranged marriage but we hadn't really discussed the details. Am I required to fulfill my duty as his wife? I chilled on such thought. It's good Matthew was still downstairs.

It's getting late, I laid down on bed. The wedding was exhausting. Whatever happens tonight, I will just be submissive. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Krriiinngggg!!!"

The alarm went off. It's all morning. The digital clock says 7:00 a.m. The other side of bed was empty. Matthew didn't sleep with me last night. Now, I realized. We are married just on paper. Silently, I cried. 

=============================================================================

Awww... a magical moment turned into nightmare. Could it change eventually?

Please post your comments and don't forget to click those VOTE and FOLLOW buttons. It means a lot to me. Thanks in advance.