8

Lovi leaned on the rocks and watched the Spaniard skipping across slippery rocks, huffing as he tried to keep his balance, he stumbled and dropped to his knees, scooting to the edge of the rocks “afternoon Lovi“ he grinned, all too brightly “how are you this fine day?“

“well met, Antonio, I am well, but I would thank you not to shorten my name so familiarly, we are not friends“ he responded dryly, trying to recall the questions he planned to ask the human in front of him.

“hey, Lovino, would you like to see the city?“ this brought him back frim his thoughts to find the Spaniard staring at him intently, again “I mean, it can't happen today, but I could get a carriage to take us around the city so you could see it, you said you wanted to learn about us right? So what better way?“

Lovino was taken aback but he wouldn't let it show, he huffed and crossed his arms, eyes shining “that would be an interesting occaision, fine then, icit suits you, arrange it“ he said stiffly, but laughed inside, he'd never imagined leaving the sea again, it felt so wrong and so...right.

Antonio nodded “very well, but I have one condition“ he lay on his stomach on the rocks “come here a moment“ he splashed the water playfully and Lovi swam a little closer, and straight away he regretted it when Antonio lifted him clear of the water and sat him on the rocks “wh-what the hell you bastard!“ he snapped, but Toni‘s eyes were only on Lovi‘s tail, shiny, light purple scales, he gently reached out to run a calloused hand over the lacy fin and Lovi flinched.

Antonio just smiled and let his hand trace up over the scales “incredible....simply stunning, are all mermaids so beautiful?“ he smiled lightly.

Lovi scoffed “actualy, I'm the ugly duckling of the kingdom, why, looking for a wife?“ he silently wondered at the sneer he found in his own voice.