Chapter 4 - Happy endings?

Skyler was over the moon of happiness that morning. Not only had her parents forgotten about the diary they had confiscated from her last night. But it was the day she was going to meet Phil. She was not as happy about meeting the person who abandoned her. But if she hadn't, then Skyler would never have met her family. The ones who truly loved and cared for her.

The car ride there was very tense. Her father, who sat in the driver seat, told her about what she should, and shouldn't ask during the lunch. For example: why she kept Phil and not her, even though he is older. She shouldn't ask about her biological father, she had apparently not even told her parents who he was after all these years. And if Skyler was going to be honest she felt sad and some what lonely. What if this was going to be the last time they met? Then she never would've got to know her brother. She instead agreed to ask her about how she is, and about her hobbies and tell her a little bit about herself.

Something deep inside of her felt like something bad was going to happen during the lunch that day. But she didn't want to feel that way. This was going to be a moment she would never forget. But those thoughts wandered her mind. And she continued to have those thoughts all the way to the restaurant. She never asked where they were going and got surprised and very happy when she realized that it was her favourite place. It was a local restaurant with Italian food.

She went in behind her parents who quickly started walking to a table. But Skyler was not looking up. Her eyes were almost glued to the floor. Well until a large hand ready to be shaken popped out of nowhere blocked her view. She looked up and shook the hand. She was in great shock. Somehow had a part of her forgotten about the fact that her brother actually was Phil Lester. The actual Phil Lester. She didn't know what else to do so she just smiled and pulled the hand away. Luckily enough was seat next to him free so she sat down in the chair. She felt so tiny. Never would she have guessed how tall and big Phil was. But he was right there so she couldn't ignore it.

"You too look so alike" Skyler's father pointed out. They all looked confused at him, and waited for an explanation.

"Well you both have the very blue eyes indeed and that wonderful smile." That sentence made both Skyler and Phil smile but then made them blush a little.

"And one thing is for sure, you did not get the height from us." Her father jokingly said which caused everyone around the table to laugh.

"The only big difference I can tell is the hair. Phil your hair is a lot darker to Skyler's ginger- brown hair."

Phil grinned a little bit and answered with:

"Do you want to know a little secret?" They all got closer to Phil to make sure they wouldn't miss a word.

"I'm actually a ginger too. This is just died" He said while pointing at his hair.

They all laughed at Phil's joke. Later, that night continued and they all had a lovely time. Skyler and Phil planned a brother and sister activity the next weekend. Skyler is going to travel to London all by herself and then stay at Phil's place over the weekend. But it took a lot of talk to get Skyler's parents to agree on their plans. Since they had only met that same day. And all of a sudden they wanted to spend a whole weekend together.

When Skyler came home that night she realized how truly happy she was. She hadn't felt that way in a very long time. Mainly since it had been such an eventful time. Finding out you are adopted and that you have a older brother that you knew existed. But not knowing that they are your brother, takes a lot from you. But all of a sudden has Skyler got to know her older brother who she now also can call her new friend.

_________________________

I haven't updated this in monthsssssss. But here it is. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I will try to have the next chapter up by next week. But I'm not promising anything. SORRY! Please don't forget to like and comment! :-)