Chapter Five: I Don't Belong?

A/N: Hey mates! Sorry it took so long to update. I’ve been hooked up on this new game I found: Pirates of the Caribbean Online. It is bloody amazing! Ya’ll should try it out.

Anywho, I hope you’ll like this chapter. Has some good action going on.

DISCLAIMER: I sadly do not own any of the POTC DMC character or the plot, but I do own Isabelle, and my own semi-plot.

Hope you’ll enjoy!

Jack walked onto the deck. The whole crew plus Will and I ran to him. Pintel and Ragetti put a his jacket onto his shoulder, and saluted him. Then they all went back to work while Mister Gibbs, Will, and I turned to Will.

“Let's put some distance between us and this island and head out to open sea.” Mister Gibbs advised Jack.

“Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only insofar as we keep to the shallows as much as possible.” Jack said. I stared at him. His multiple eye’s were almost washed off, and something about him made me feel as though he was fearing something.

“That seems a bit contradictory, Captain.” Mister Gibbs said to Jack, while Will and I stayed silent.

“I have every faith in your reconciliatory navigational skills, Master Gibbs. Now, where is that monkey? I want to shoot something.” Jack said out load, taking out his gun and looking for the monkey. Mister Gibbs scurried off.

“The monkey?” I asked.

“Jack, Elizabeth is in danger.” Will said to Jack. Jack walked on.

“Have you considered keeping a more watchful eye on her? Maybe just lock her up somewhere?” Jack told us.

“She is locked up, in a prison bound to hang for helping you.” Will yelled at Jack, but Jack continued up the stairs, heading to the helm.

“There comes a time when one must take responsibility for one's mistakes.” Jack simply said. Will reached to grab a man’s sword, and he pointed it to Jack.

“I need that compass of yours, Jack. I must trade it for her freedom.” Will told Jack. Jack just stood there.

“Jack, we all face the gallows. Give us the compass, and we’ll leave.” I said.

“Ah, Isabelle, darling! Come to see ol’ Jackie again, eh?” he asked, with a gleam in his eyes. I took a step closer to him. We were now standing face to face, though he was slightly taller than me.

“I need that compass. That is the only reason for me being here.” I growled, lying. Truthfully, I was dying to see him again, and now I was lying about it.

“We’ll see about that. Gibbs!” Jack called, staying in the same position as we were, right next to each other.

“Captain?” Mister Gibbs asked unwillingly. He was controlling the helm, and didn’t seem to want to talk.

“We have a need to travel upriver.” Jack said, smiling.

“You mean a need as in a trifling need, fleeting, as in, say, a passing fancy?” Mister Gibbs asked, now happy that Jack was talking to him.

“No, a resolute and unyielding need.” Jack said simply, and Mister Gibbs went back to steering the ship.

“What we need to do is to make sail for Port Royal with all haste.” Will said. Jack to a step away from me, and walked over to Will.

“William, I shall trade you the compass, if you will help me to find this.” Jack said, and pulled out a piece of soggy parchment from his coat. He opened it and I leaned forward to see what it was.