Chapter Thirteen: Oars, A Kiss, and the Kraken

A/N: Hehe, I’m back! Yay! NY was awesome and all, but I missed writing so much. This chappie is partly short, but so exciting. And have you guys realized there is like only two or three chapters left??? Saddening, hmmm?

DISCLAIMER: Don’t own the original stuff, just my semi-plot, and my characters.

Enjoy. Oh, and check out the "I've Got a Jar of Dirt" remix video. I love it! >>>>

Isabelle’s POV

Elizabeth was bending over Will, who was still unconscious, while Jack, Gibbs and I were talking silently.

“What happened to the Commodore?” Mister Gibbs asked. I have gotten over the crying, all thanks to Jack. He cheered me up with Ragetti and Pintel.

We were sailing to the Black Pearl, and I was snuggled in Jack’s chest. All the sudden, the boat tipped over. More like flipped completely over. The water was freezing, but not as rough as it was before. My head bobbed up with the rest of them, and while Elizabeth was completely pissed off, Ragetti, Pintel, and I started to crack up. It made me completely forget about Norrington.

“He fell behind.” Jack told Mister Gibbs, snapping me back to reality.

“He offered to stay behind.” I corrected him.

“My prayers be with him. Best not wallow in our grief! The bright side is that you're back and made it off free and clear.” he said. Jack and I nodded.

“He offered to stay behind so all of you could get away safe. I don’t know about you, but I think he was a good man.” Cotton rang in my head.

He was. No doubt about that. I said and sighed.

Out of nowhere, the Flying Dutchman surfaces alongside Pearl. I sequel. I’ve never known that she could do that. Davy Jones is standing on the deck, ready to fight.

“Lord on High, deliver us!” Mister Gibbs whispered.
“I'll handle this, mate.” Jack said. I then realized that he was holding a jar of dirt. The same one that Tia Dalma gave him.

“Hey, fish face! Lose something? Congealy…” Jack starts to yell at him, but falls down stairs.

“Oh!” we all gasp. Jack picked up the dirt from the ground, and raised it up high.

“Got it!” Come to negotiate, eh? You slimy git! Look what I got. I got a jar of dirt! I got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it?” he mocked.

“Are you mad?” I whispered, but he didn’t hear me.
“Enough!” Davy Jones yelled at him.

“Hard to starboard?” Jack whimpered.
“Hard to starboard!” Elizabeth repeated, though she yelled it out.
“Brace the foreyard!” Will yelled on top of Elizabeth’s voice. I turned and saw that he was back on her feet. I haven’t realized that. I ran to the helm were Mister Gibbs was trying to steer.
“She's on us! She's on us!” Pintel yelled.

“We know that! Yelling won’t help!” I cried, and looked back. Sure enough, she was. Jack ran up to Mister Gibbs, pushed him off the helm, and steered violently.
“Make fast!” Will yelled. Pintel ran to the railing, and patted it.
“Don't let me down, show us what you've got!” he whispered. I turned back, and saw that we were faster.
“She's falling behind!” Elizabeth cried.
“Aye, we've got her!” Mister Gibbs said.
“We're the faster?” Will asked.
“Against the wind, the Dutchman beats us. That's how she takes her prey. But with the wind…” Mister Gibbs started.