•TWENTY-FIVE•

Hayes' POV

It's been two weeks since Danica got murdered, and I've never been more miserable and depressed in my life. It just hurts so bad.

I still pay her phone bills and call her everyday, just so I can hear her voicemail. I just wish I could hear her voice one more time.

I was laying in my bed, just thinking about Danica. At least she's not in danger anymore, and she has nothing to worry about, and she's with her mom, so she must be happy.

I tried to smile at my thoughts of her being happy, but more tears ran down my face.

I pulled the covers halfway over my face and sighed.

I heard a knock at my door. "Yeah?" "Can I come in?" It was Nash's voice "Sure." I wiped the tears and sat up.

Nash walked in and sat on my bed.

"Yes?" I asked while rubbing my eye

"So, the guys told me that you and Danica were dating for the past couple months.." He trailed off "Yeah, so? I loved her, and there was nothing you could do about it." I was starting to get annoyed

He sighed then looked up at me "That's not why I didn't want you to date her. I did it because I didn't want you to turn out like me when I lost Malory. Yes, I did think she was the love of my life, and yes, she was my first actual love, and so is Danica for you. It's been years since you've dated anyone, and I didn't know if it was just because you haven't made any new friends in a very long time, and certainly not a girl. But now that I see how sad you are, it reminds me of me, and no one deserves to go through what I did. I don't want to sit here and watch my little brother go through what I did." "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked "Because, knowing you, you would have rolled your eyes at me and done it anyways." He wasn't wrong.

"Yeah, but none of that matters now, cause she's gone." "Hayes, we all knew it would happen." "No, we could have protected her. I could have protected her." "Hayes, they're stronger than us. There was nothing we could do." "Yeah, I cou--" "Hayes, I didn't let you bring her here so you could date her! I let you bring her here because i gave her a chance to help us!" He raised his voice which angered me

"Have you ever considered anyone else's feelings but yours?! When I was thirteen I lost everything I had, all because of you. You're the reason all of this happened. I would have still had mom, dad, Skylynn, and Will. They all got killed when I was thirteen, and all you had to say was pack your bags," a tear slipped down my face "No, I'm sorry's or tears. But when you lose someone important to you, the whole world is ending. The guys and Mahogany haven't seen their families in years because they were kind enough to help you out, but you can never help them out because it's all about you. I haven't even heard you thank them for the years that they've been loyal enough to stick by you. They could give up any second now, and you could be all alone because you've isolated us from the world, but I think that's why they stick by you. You ruined our lives with all of these strict rules."

"How is this about Danica?" He asked "It's not even about her anymore. It's the way you've caused us all pain.

He just shook his head and got up "I was just trying to help." He said then walked out the door.

"No one asked for your fucking help." I muttered

I got up and went to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and looked terrible; my eyes were all red and puffy, my hair was really messy, And I just looked terrible, period.

I decided to take a shower and get dressed.

I was getting a shirt from my dresser when my phone started ringing.

I walked over to my bed and looked at the caller ID. It was Collin.

I pressed accept and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Hayes." He said "Hey Collin." "Umm, Danica hasn't been answering her phone or anything. Do you know if it's dead or broken or something?" He asked

How am I supposed to tell him that his little sister was murdered

"Umm, Collin?" "Yeah?" "I need to tell you something." "Ok, what is it?" "Danica.. Danica is gone."

There was a moment of silence "w-what do you mean, gone?"

"I mean she's dead." It took everything inside of me to say that.

"She's gone?" He asked with a shaky voice "yeah, I'm so sorry. I--" He hung up the phone.

I can't believe she's really gone. She wasn't just taken away from me, but everyone who loves her. I'm such a terrible person.