Chapter 4

"How many stairs are there?" Isaac said aggravated pulling himself up the next step.
"I don't know" said Nova,"each step just seems to be getting bigger and bigger!" She was right, the steps were getting bigger. When they started out each step was about 3 inches high, now they were about a foot high.
Nova looked up the stairs to see just how tall the next steps would be. However in the keen of her eye she saw a sparkle at the top of the stairs.
"Look, there it is!" she said. Isaac looked up. "The top, finally!" He said relieved. They started to run up what they could of the stairs.
On the 20th to last staircase Nova was out of breath. "Let's take a break ,ok?"
Isaac looked back at her, "Come on!" he said, "We are almost there!"
"Then go on without me!" She said now sitting down. Isaac looked at her he came back down to the step she was on.
"No" he said "we do this together!" He sat down beside her clutching her hands . "We have to learn to stay with each other, always"
She looked up at him, "So does that also mean we have to believe in each other?" she said. Isaac nodded.
She stood up , he followed, "Then you need to believe me on this, these dreams are real!"
He was silent, "Let's go then!" They started up the stairs. Each one seemed so tall yet together they could climb it.
Finally they reached the last step. Nova and Isaac pulled themselves up to see a woman, staring her in the eye.
The woman was skinny, with a black slick dress, and raven hair. She started walking over to Nova and Isaac.
"Welcome!" she said, "I am Haine Queen of Love!" She snapped her fingers, two chairs appeared from thin air and were place on the ground. The woman pointed at the chairs and nudged them to sit down.
"Congratulations, you have won!" Haine said. Isaac and Nova looked at each other with confusement.
" What have we won?" asked Isaac. Haine looked at him and smiled. "You are the couple that succeeded this test!" She looked over at a black curtain that was in the corner of the room. "Too bad the others didn't go so well"
"The others?" Nova asked, she gasped ,"What happened to them?" Haine walked up to the curtain, she looked back at them," I said" she snarled,"They failed!" She pulled the curtain off. Behind it was their friends, they were frozen, unable to move. They had looked like they were traumatized.
"What did you do?" Nova screamed. The woman chuckled, "it's not what I did, it's what you did!" She snapped again, a sword was now in her hands. She started walking towards them. "Stop!" Isaac yelled. They both tried to get up from their chairs, but they couldn't . "B-bye-bye!" The woman said. She swung her sword towards them.
-
Nova screamed. Her and Isaac were back in the living room. Everyone else was still sleeping