Chapter 10

"How do you know about our dreams ?" ,asked Nova. The woman opened the book and began to read from the text. "There was once a time where love actually meant something, that time is gone now so in hate of the world true love is tested once in someone's life and it's called Dream IRL phase."
      "A phase?" Isaac asked, "Does that mean this will end?"
       The woman slammed the book closed and gave it to Katie's grandfather who put it back. He walked back over to the old woman and put his hand on her shoulder. "It will never end unfortunately," she got quiet," that's why you have to protect each other and others who are close to you."
       Nova and Isaac's eyes widened as they started to reach for each other's hands. Their hands almost got sweaty from their grip.
       "Your relationship has become the most crucial part of the lives of other people, and if you mess up they die." The woman started to cry, "Is Katie a friend of yours?"
       Isaac and Nova started to tear up as they nodded.
-
      Later that night Isaac and his friend Jonathan went out for a bite. It seemed like time kept on flooding by. The two friends began to drink a little bit, then some more, the some more.
      He didn't want to go to sleep. He was frightened of his own dreams. He tried to pretend nothing was happening. He just drank and drank. Until he blacked out.
      He started to feel the room spin around him, he couldn't see anything but felt the wind. He heard a voice, it was familiar to him. Suddenly there was a light upon him. He looked up to find the woman he saw before in his second dream. She looked even more erier than before. He tried to run, but couldn't get away. He striked the dead air with his hands flailing now, trying to escape.
       He saw Haine in the distance with the same terrifying sword she had before, but this time blood was smeared all over it. He gasped for breath  realizing he couldn't breathe.
      "Why the long face?" ,She smirked, "Don't you wanna know where Mason went?". She started to chuckle as she began to walk even more towards him.
       "Why did you kill him you bastard?" Isaac shouted with as much air he could put through.
        "I didn't kill him, he just didn't pass his test. You see when he was running with you and Nova he left someone important behind."
          "Madeline!" He muttered now coughing hysterically.
           With all the pain, he couldn't take it anymore, blood was now found pouring from his mouth. Haine smiled again and nodded.
           "Just k-kill me!", he roared at her. Suddenly he saw a silhouette of a familiar person, it was Nova. She slowly walked up to him and kissed his cheek, "Stay strong Isaac", she said in a happy tone.
           "I-I can't!" Isaac replied. Haine now looked confused, "Who are you talking to fool?".
            Isaac looked back to where Nova was to find her missing. However he heard her voice whisper in his ear, "We have to stay in this together right?"
            Was this all in his head? He looked back at Haine who was now searching the room for the person he answered to. "Where is she huh, where is Madeline?" she stammered.
            Isaac couldn't answer, when she saw his mouth flooding with coughed up blood she snapped her fingers in the air. Isaac suddenly started to breathe again.
             "You are the only two in this dream so where is she?" she looked overwhelmed now.
               "Right here bitch!" A mysterious voice said from the distance. They both turned to find Madeline with the adolescent boy from the previous dream.
             "This is for Mason!" She screamed as she charged at Haine with a small dagger. But before she could even get close to her , Madeline got shot down by the boy.
             "NO, YOU BASTARDS I HATE YOU!" Isaac screamed at the top of his lungs.
            The teenager who just murdered her had sorrow in his eyes. Haine walked up to him and gave him a necklace that was on Madelines now dead body. He took it and put it around his neck. He suddenly grew long thick brown hair and other femanine like features. "Thank you" he said with now a higher soft voice.
           The he/she walked over to Isaac who was screaming uncontrollably and took the dagger that Madeline had and pricked his hands until blood oozed out.