Chapter 9

OK JUST HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! WHAT HAPPENED? HE JUST DIED! WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT?
Calm down. It isn't the end, not even close.
DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN FRED!
WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS STORY?!?!?
SETH LEAVES FOR KYLA AND MASON IS DEAD?
Just start the damn chapter.
-
Isaac woke up in the morning after another terrifying dream that he pursued but couldn't remember. He felt relieved some what. Like he had come closer to Nova again after what she accused him of.
He looked at his phone. He usually messaged Mason or his friend Noah to hang out or check their status in the morning. Now it was only Noah he could text.
He chose Nova instead because he felt he needed someone who understood him at the moment. However before he could type anything into his phone, Nova called him.
"Hey I have an idea," Nova started, "We are going to pay a visit to Katie's grandparents." "What?" Isaac said nervously.
Nova then hung up and texted him the address of the local retirement home.
Later when he pulled into the parking lot, he saw Katie and Nova talking to a nurse.
After parking he walked up to them, "Why am I here again?" He asked in a rude tone.
Katie looked away from the nurse to him, "I'd like you two to meet my grandparents"
She grasped Nova and his hands pulling them into the building.
The retirement smelled like lemons, kinda like Katie's house. It felt empty, like everyone just stayed in their room, never leaving.
Thinking to himself he realized how sad that really is. What would it be like if he was stuck there? Never to see Nova. He gulped just thinking about it.
He looked over at Nova in relief. He felt relaxed just by looking at her. She just had that thing where she could just show up and automatically make everyone smile.
"Here we are", Katie sighed, "Ready?"
Nova and him nodded as she opened the door.
Inside they saw two older figures. One was bald and stout, and the other thin with pearl white curly hair. They looked up from the couch they had been sitting on.
"Who the hell are you?" the woman said.
Katie sighed as she walked into the room, "It's me grandma, I brought some friends for you to meet." The man fixed his glasses as he stared at Nova and Isaac.
"Hey could you tell them about the time you guys had those weird dreams?" She continued.
The two looked at each other then at her. "Hey Katie, could you give us a minute?"
She nodded as she tip toed out the door.
The old couple quickly got up and ran to get something from under the bed on the other side of the room. When they walked back the woman had a book in her hands.
She sat back down and started to dust off the book. "So, do remember anything from your dreams?"