Jack Sparrow Can Save Me? 6

I woke up in the middle of the night. It was pitch black, but something had woke me. There was someone in the room with me. I kept my breath slow and even so I could hear. The bed suddenly sunk on the other side and I stiffened. It was Jack, I knew instantly. I waited for a moment. Nothing happened. Jack stayed on that side of the bed, and in moments his breaths were steady and he was sound asleep, and a few moments after that, so was I.

When I woke up the next morning, Jack was already gone. I blushed at the thought that Jack and I had been sleeping in the same bed. But nothing had happened. I stood up and the boat rocked making me stumble. I grinned to myself as I dressed in a shirt, pants, boots, and vest. I left the cabin and looked around. Open sea was all around the boat. I looked up to see Jack looking down at me. He winked and I blushed. I turned to look at anything else. Over in the corner of the ship a small table was set up and Gibbs, Marty, and Pintel were playing a game of dice. "What are you playing?" I asked coming to stand beside them. "Liar's dice." Gibbs answered as he shook the dice under a cup. Elizabeth had told me that this was the game that Will had played with Davy Jones.  It looked interesting. "Six fours." Gibbs said. Marty said, "Four sixes." Pintel said, "Nine twos." They all lifted their cups to reveal seven fours, six twos, and four threes. Gibbs laughed. He had won and Pintel and Marty had both lost. They picked up tiny shot glasses and downed the contents. Oh they were playing a drinking game as well. "Mind if I join you?" I asked being brave. Taking chances. Having fun. That's what life is about. They all looked at me surprised. They glanced at one another then Gibbs glanced behind me at Jack. They all nodded carefully. I smiled and sat down at the empty seat. Gibbs set a glance in front of me. The bottle of rum rat in the middle of the table. I tried not to let my excitement show on my face, but this was the first time I'd ever done anything like this. We all shook our dice under the cup. "Nine threes." Gibbs said. Marty said, "Six fives." Pintel said, "Four fours." I thought for a moment. "Seven sixes." We all picked up our cups. There were four threes, eight fives, seven sixes, and one two. I grinned. Gibbs drank and Pintel drank. We played for another hour or so. By the end of the game I had only had, had to drink twice. I looked up when I felt someone come to stand behind me. It was Jack. "Well luv if you're not too drunk. Would you like those lessons now?" Jack asked referring to teaching me how to sword fight. I nodded. I wasn't drunk. Just had a slight buzzing in my body. I retrieved my sword Elizabeth had given me and Jack pulled his. We went to stand in the open part of the deck. I already knew the basics, I just had to get better at them. Jack was certainly the one to teach me. He had me beat in second flat each time. Our swords clanked together maybe a few times and then it was over and he had won. The crew had started to stare at us as we fought but I tried not to let it affect me. We fought for what felt like hours and he beat me every single time! By the time we stopped my arms and legs were sore. I flopped down in the chair by the ship's wheel as Jack took his customary spot at the wheel.  "I am exhausted." I said. Jack laughed. "Get use to that if you really want to learn how to fight." Jack said with another laugh. I sighed and pulled the necklace out from under my shirt. I twirled it in my fingers. I wondered what was going to happen. Not just today or tomorrow or when we found the treasure in three days, well more like two now. But I wondered what my life would be like now. Would I ever get married. Have kids. Have a real life? True I didn't want that now but I wanted it someday. Would I be on this ship forever?  Would I ever beat Jack in a sword fight. I knew the answer to that almost instantly. No. I almost laughed. Maybe life as Pirate wouldn't be quite so bad...