Jack Sparrow Can Save Me? 1

*Discalimer- I do not own any of the characters from pirates of the caribbean.

I stared out the large window in my chambers, longing to be out in the open air. Having fun. It seemed like forever since I'd had any real fun at all. Being the Governor's daughter demanded many things from me. I could not act a fool. I could not be seen with any man alone. I could not ever leave the house without an escort. It hadn't always been like that. My father had only become Governor six years ago when the old Governor had died. And we had lived in this city for only a year before that.A sharp knock sounded and I turned to see my chamber maid Dreama enter the room. "Miss. Shaw, I have you'r dress." She said quietly and came in, closing the door behind her. . I sighed, moving away from the window and behind the dressing curtain. I admired the dress for a moment. It was very lacy and was gold on the sleeves and body except for a thick white stripe down the middle. I pulled my corset on and took tiny breaths while Dreama laced it, practically breaking ribs in the process. When she finished she helped me into the beautiful dress and tied that too. She sat me down at the vanity without another word and began on my hair and makeup. Within minutes my pale strawberry blonde hair was high and my make up finished. Dreama was an expert. "Thank you." I said to her and she left and bowed to me. I loved the way the dress looked but I hated the feeling of it cutting into my skin. I shuttered and made my way back to the window. I could not believe I was to be married today. I was only 19 and he was 30. In all truth John was an amazing guy and he was nice and polite and he was an adviser to the King. My father was extremely happy about this and was thrilled when I told him I was purposed to by John. That was why I had accepted. Though all I really wanted to do was to travel the world, learn, and just get out there. But when I married John all of those dreams would fall away into wife and mother responsibilities. I didn't;t want that. Not yet anyway. But, I really had no choice. If I backed out now I would be an outcast. An embarrassment the family. Well to my father anyway. My mother was long dead. Had been for four years. And I only had one sister,Mary,but she was already married and had four children of her own. I could hear footsteps outside and knew someone was coming to escort me to the chapel. I sighed again casting one last loving look around my room, knowing this was the last time I'd be here. I would go live with John in London when we were married. There was a knock on the door and I made my way to it, swinging it wide. My escort was here. I swallowed hard and followed him out,down the winding staircase, out the front door, and down the front gravel to my waiting white carriage. He helped me in and closed the door. He and the rest of my military escorts followed behind the carriage. While the carriage bumped along down the road I felt like crying. I didn't't because I didn't't want to ruin my makeup but I very much wanted to. The carrige rolled to an uneasy stop, making my stomach roll. My escort opened the door and I first saw my father's waiting face. I gave a smile, that I hoped looked real. He gave me a bright smile back and took my arm as I stepped out. "Victoria you look beautiful." He said, but I wasn't paying attention.The large chapel loomed over us, and I felt suddenly trapped and feral. All I wanted was to run far away but my feet and brain were apparently not on speaking terms because as my brain yelled to turn around my feet shuffled forward. We entered the chapel and the music began. We moved forward and I saw John standing at the end of the red carpet. He was smiling and his brown wig was settled perfectly on top of his head.A rustle of whispers started as we entered. My sister was standing off the side with her four daughters and her husband was standing beside John, who was his best friend.My mind seemed to stop working in that same instant. Before I could even process anything we were at the end of the aisle, I was beside John, and the Preacher was speaking. I couldn't hear anything he said. "I do." John said suddenly. My heart siezed and I stopped breathing for a moment. John was looking at me expectantly and I knew my time had come. I opened my mouth and at first nothing came out. Then something did. I heard myself say, "I- I- I can't." The last thing I saw was John's shocked face and then I turned and ran. I ran as fast as I could, I heard shouts behind me but I kept going. I ran out the chapel doors, down the street, pushed past people on my way down the busy street, and made my way down to the beach until my feet hit the water. I could not believe what I had just done.I tore off my shoes and dropped them on the sand. I pulled the pins angrily out of my hair until it fell down around my shoulders. No one had found me yet. It felt like I sat there for hours. When Ilooked up it was dark out. Pitch black on the beach except for the lights of the boats docked about a mile down. I knew deep down that I really shouldn't be sitting here all alone at night but I couldn't bring myself to get up and go home. I stood and began to walk, but not towards home but the opposite direction. Farther into the dark I went. There was a cove of rocks about a mile in this direction that I had played at all the time when I was a little girl. When I got there I nestled myself against a rock and stared out at the ocean. Suddenly something caught my eye. A reflection in a pool of water beneath my feet. I looked down and my eyes widened. There at the bottom of the little pool was- was a trail of shining gold coins leading back into the cove. I bent down to peer at the coins and suddenly something felt very wrong. But it was too late. I was shoved from behind and fell forward, hitting my head on a large rock, which instantly made me black out. The last thing I saw were shiny gold coins, and the last thing I heard was the flapping of sails in the distance.