Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Arrival

Kiarra's POV

Finally we arrive in Seattle! I really don't like flying, it makes me sick. But we have to be here for Dennis's job. I just agreed to go with him so our relationship won't complicate because of long distance. I don't believe long distance relationships last because my parents separated when I was just thirteen because of well, long distance and I don't want the same fate. So here I am waiting for Dennis who's buying mints and water to cure my nausea.

"Hey Kiarra, I have the mints and the sparkling water." Dennis calls.

"Oh great, thanks." I respond.

I guess Dennis senses that something's bothering me because I've been lost in thought for a while since we've landed. He's just that sensitive to my feelings. Adjustments, fitting in and most of all just being with Dennis are constantly on my mind.

"Kiar, baby, are you alright?" Dennis asks. "You seem lost in thought."

I want to tell him that I'm not excited about moving here but I don't want to upset him when we've just recently touched down at the airport.

"Uh, I'm fine." I reply. "It's just nausea you know, but don't worry."

I flash him a smile and walk with him, holding his hand to reassure him. My mind is still going over what's going to happen and more importantly, where we're going to live. Dennis says we'll be moving in with Nathan Ricks, a close friend of his during college. Dennis just reconnected with him a few months ago when he knew he was moving to Seattle. I haven't met Nathan personally but I've heard that he's a lead singer in a band and they play at one of the most famous bars in Seattle.

"Hey Kiar, baby. Wake up. We're here." Dennis says gently.

I wake up to a dark grey foam ceiling. I look around and realize we're in a taxi. What just happened? Wait, how long have I been asleep? The last thing I remember is thinking about that Nathan guy. I must have passed out from severe air sickness. Whoa.

"How long have I been out?" I ask.

"About fifteen minutes or so."

"That long?"

"Yeah. I know you're tired and all, it's good." he replies. "You need the rest."

"How about you? Aren't you tired?" I ask him.

"I am. But I can rest later." he says. "Let's move in first."

"Okay."I say, sighing heavily. We get out of the taxi and walk towards what seems to be Nathan's house. It looks modern with a black and white color scheme to it and a mixture of other colors such as red and pink. Why he has the color pink, I don't know. It's quite large too yet it feels homey and comfortable. I like it. I guess Nathan Ricks isn't here yet since we find a note stuck to the fridge. The note has instructions to where our room is and says Nathan will be back soon.

Once Dennis and I arrive to our room, I'm in shock. It still has that black and white scheme but with a bit of blue. The best thing about it is the king-sized bed that's just waiting to be slept on and plus, our own bathroom. This is living the life. Just look at all the privacy.

I look at Dennis to see his reaction when suddenly; he pulls me close and starts kissing me. I really like it when he does that. So I return the kiss willingly. We were in the middle of a hot make-out session when he stops.

"I think we should unpack first." he says sternly.

"Later." I say in what I hope was a seductive voice. This time, I pull him close and we kiss again. This kiss makes me feel calm unlike the other one which was heated. But after awhile, he lets go.

"We have to unpack, babe." He reminds me.

"How about later?" I complain, pouting.

"No." he says. "Now, come on."

"You ruined the moment." I complain some more. "I already felt calm for the first time here."

"Well, there's a lot of time you know." He counters. I know he's right and I know how important this job is to him but can't he relax for a bit?

"I know that," I bite my lower lip. "but I want now."

"Patience, baby, please. We need to unpack." He says before adding, "Later, okay?"

He does that with his cute smirk that makes me want to kiss him even more. But I control my tense emotions and end up helping him with the unpacking.

~~~

Hey guys! This is the end of Chapter 1... Just enjoy reading :D