.:10:.

I was slightly disappointed when the fun ended. Matthew did not survive, giving up from the massive amounts of pain. He hung his head low, his jaw looking like it would fall apart, and waited for fate to take his life. And it did. His breath hitched, as the firm straps around his body tightened. The time was running out. 3... 2... 1.

Matthew's body was being squashed together by the lack of retrieving the key and freeing himself. What a shame. It seemed like he had potential. Or maybe he realised that what he had done was appalling and accepted the end of his life? I would never find out. Matthew was squeezed until he made choking noises and all air was escaping his body, along with other fluids. Blood was oozing out of his wide and already-injured lips, his internal organs being pushed together.

I had not paid much thought to my mum. Not because I was occupied with projects, like this trap, but because I did not want to think about her. However seeing the light fade out of Matthew's eyes reminded me of the lovely and caring woman, even if I was not there to see her die. And I was very grateful for that. I assumed that if I gave my dead mother any attention, I would break down. That was why I did not attend her funeral. That and having no one to take me there. It was stressful enough knowing that my...dad...could pass away at any time, from a cause which was still alien to me.

Distorted stripes running across the monitor snapped me out of my daydream. It managed to stay on the same picture: a man crunched by a machine. Amanda and I turned in our chairs, our full attention given to John, who was silent as ever. I waited for the final verdict and felt like fainting when his dry lips parted.
"It's amateur and simple, but effective," he croaked out. I wasn't sure if I should scream in joy or cry in sadness. Did he like it? In my opinion the trap was quite good, especially as it was my first one. I hoped that there would be more to come.
"And?" Amanda urged for John to carry on. The crippled man sighed.
"If I am ever unable to carry on with being Jigsaw, Samara can take my place." His announcement made my heart sink (in the good way). If not for the fact that it would cause him severe pain, I would have hugged John. Instead I was being embraced from the side by a woman who was like a mother to me for the past few days: Amanda.
"I'm so proud of you!" She congratulated. I mumbled a 'thanks'.
"Amanda, I understand that you are happy for Samara but, we have someone waiting to play our game," John spoke up. "Have you forgotten about Jeff?"

At the mention of that name, the woman grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room. I was still dazed, somehow quickly finding myself in the car outside of the abandoned-seeming building. As Amanda started up the vehicle and drove away, I wondered about the man named Jeff. What did he do to deserve a role in the game? How would he be punished? Would he make it out alive or not?

Amanda and I stayed completely silent throughout the whole ride back home. She certainly looked like she was in a hurry and nervous about something. Finally we arrived at the spacious house and a few of the lights were on. I felt very lucky that it was Sunday tomorrow because I would surely fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Amanda left me to enter the house by myself and drove off down the same road. Without hesitation, not wanting to stay outside, I came through the front door, not making a single sound to not disturb anyone.

Front time to time, I noticed people coming in and out of our house. However I did not pay much attention to them, just as John had instructed when I asked about them. I did not want to come across anyone as, honestly, I found it freaky that people could freely go in and out of the place. I crept through the hallways, about to reach my room and explode in happiness, when I heard a voice speaking. It sounded familiar and I concluded that it was Jason. I followed the sound, coming to a halt at a firm door. I was about to slide through to greet the man, but froze when another voice reached my ears. This one was not a voice I had heard before.

Unaware of what my body was doing, I listened in to their conversation by putting my ear to the door.
"...more careful! She was this close to hearing the phone call. If you are going to be so reckless, they will find out about this and the whole thing will fail," growled the unfamiliar woman. What were they talking about?
"I'm sorry, Jill, but this is the only way I can do it. I do all of the dirty work and can get myself killed, while you stay at a safe distance and watch everything. How is that fair?!" Jason sighed and paused. "You should go now. The kid is going to be home any minute."
"Who's bringing her?"
"Amanda."
"Amanda Young?"
"Yes." All he received in response was a huff of air from the mysterious woman, named Jill. I wished I could be inside to analyse the situation better, but the sound of footsteps approaching the door sent me racing back to my room. Something was going on here and I did not like it. Too many secrets.