Back Together

"Harry!" Hermione shouted, running to hug her best friend. It had been 2 long weeks without him - they kept in contact, but she was still terrified. She pulled him into a tight, bone crushing hug. The fact he was dripping wet from the pond didnt bother her in the slightest.

"Let the man breath 'ermione." Ron said, rolling his eyes and hugging Harry himself, once Hermione had let go.

Hermione blushed and stepped back. "Its fine. So? How have you been?" Harry asked, still with one arm around Hermione. Ron and Hermione each gave each other a look. "Fine; we're not the ones with You-Know-Who on our backs." Ron replied steadily, as he gave Harry a hug.

Harry nodded. "Should we go in? I can see your Mum in the doorway - no doubt desperate to feed me up." He said affectionately.

Ron and Hermione nodded, before walking in, side by side with Harry. "Everyones been worried about you mate." Ron said. Harry shook his head. "I defeated him when I was 1. How hard can it really be?" Harry replied, the sarcasm in his voice rich and clear.

As the trio walked in, Harry found himself being swept into Molly's arms. "Oh dear how we've missed you!" She said, patting his cheek affectionately. That was something Harry never could understand about the Burrow. Everyone always seemed so happy to greet him.

Through the kitchen, they found the remaining Weasleys all sitting round the dinner table, eating pie and ice cream. "I am sorry Harry, Dumbledore said it wouldnt be for another couple of days so we have just finished; but I can whip something up for you in a flash."

Harry smiled. "Its okay, I'll grab a sandwich. You know what Dumbledore can be like." 

Fred stood up and pulled Hermione's chair out for her. Molly was clearly pleased with the arrangement, and evidently proud she had raised such a gentleman. Still, she didn't make a single comment and instead started giving out extra pieces of her homemade pumpkin pie.

"Right, boys can clean up tonight." Ginny said once she had finished her second helping of pie. "I'm going to go practice my Quidditch; coming Hermione?"

Hermione nodded before giving Fred a kiss on the cheek. "Just remember; the bowls need to be washed with soap." She joked, before following Ginny out.

This Summer would be one of the best ones of Hermione's 16 (almost 17) years on this planet.