.4

Pamela didn't go to school the next day. She wasn't feeling good. Getting completely soaked gave her a bad cough and a sore throat. She felt bad missing school considering it was only the third day. It was already Friday since they started on a Wednesday.

She wouldn't have to go to school for three days. That was a great thought.

The whole day she just kind of sat around like she did in summer. She even watched a movie, which she hadn't been able to sit through a whole one for a long time.

She was incredibly sad. The past two years consisted of blocking any feelings. Whenever she started to feel things, she had shut down. Now, she let the sadness come in and it was so painful. All she wanted to do was cry, but after a while that didn't even help.

This continued throughout the whole weekend. Pamela didn't have too much homework considering she was a senior and she just started school. She also canceled on Winter for the valid reason of being sick.

Monday came around too fast. Her dad made her go, which it surprised her that he even payed attention to what she did anymore.

So she got ready and drove to school in her old car. She tried not to think about what Luke would say to her. Luke seemed to find a way into her mind when she least expected it. She also wondered if he had told Calum they hung out all Thursday night.

When she arrived at her locker, there was a small group of girls talking to Luke. Pamela wanted to roll her eyes. There was nothing wrong with the girls, they had a right to admire Luke. It's just the fact that they're doing this right in front of her.

"We're both in biology!" Said one girl to Luke before giggling.

"Alright, I can't wait to learn about organisms then." He said and all the girls laughed. Then they said their goodbyes and walked away. Pamela closed her locker door.

"You're already making friends." She stated before walking off. He walked with her; it seemed to be a thing they did- walking together.

"I was just being friendly." He said. Pamela wasn't sure if he knew how flirty those girls were, or how flirty he sounded talking to them. She almost wished he didn't know.

"Yeah. I'm sure those girls were 'just being friendly' too." She said sarcastically, snorting.

"Weren't they?" He asked cluelessly. She just shook her head.

They went to their seats as morning announcements started. Pamela almost forgot that the senior pictures were this Saturday until the nasally voice of the student body president reminded everyone.

"Are you going to pictures?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. You see, I have to remind people I was there when they all look at their yearbooks." She told him. "Are you going?"

"Yeah, I need to remind myself that I was there." He smiled goofily at her. She cracked a small smile, not even at his joke but just at him. "Did you just... You did. You just smiled!"

"Shut up, you little shit." She said turning her face into a frown. He just laughed at her with an adorable scrunched nose and everything. She couldn't tell if it was a good thing that he had gotten her to smile, and it wasn't even forced. What was happening to her?

"So, what was your favorite song I played for you?" He asked her, trying to make her feel less discomfort. She hadn't heard of any of the artists he played for her until that night. Music was never really something she looked into because she didn't feel anything when she listened to it. Last night was different. With Luke nodding his head to the tunes and humming it, she heard it all in a different way.