.6

"Want to do calculus homework together after school?" Pamela asked Winter in calculus class.

"Sure!" Winter replied back enthusiastically. Neither of them were that good at math, but calculus is what every senior took.

Winter and Pamela had become a little bit better at putting more effort into their friendship recently. They'll never be the same as they were two years ago, but it's better than nothing. Suddenly, Winter looked at her phone and typed something in it.

"Pamela, I'm sorry. I can't do the study thing today." Winter said with nervousness.

"You just bail on me like that? I literally just asked you and you said yes." Pamela said irritated with her for ditching. Then she asked,"Who is it? The person you just texted?"

"But it's very important." Winter tried to tell her weakly, but Pamela was fed up because this was the third time she had been canceled on.

"Is it a family thing?"Pamela asked frustrated.

"Uh, no." Winter said trying to sound sympathetic. "I'm really sorry, Pam."

The bell rang and Pamela made sure she was quick to leave so she wouldn't have to respond to Winter's apology. Sometimes Winter just really got on her nerves.

"Do you guys play any instruments?" Luke asked Calum and Michael, later, at the lunch table.

"I've played bass since I was a little kid." Calum said. "I love playing. I wish I did it more."

"Yeah. I learned how to play guitar when I was little too." Michael said mainly to Luke.

"Guys, I play guitar. That's so weird. I've barely met anyone that plays an instrument here."He said with shock and something that sounded like excitement.

"You guys should start a band." Pamela said, taking a bite out of her turkey sandwich. She meant it jokingly, but Luke turned to her with his eyes wide.

"We should start a band!" Luke repeated, looking at the boys.

"I don't know, Luke. It sounds fun, but we don't even have a drummer."Calum said slightly disappointed.

"There's one guy. He bought a drumset at the store I work at. We've kept in touch and he seems like a nice guy."Luke said, sounding even more excited by the second. Calum and Michael looked at each other before looking at back at Luke. "What do you say? I'll ask the guy if he wants to."

"We could see how it goes. Why not?" Michael shrugged with a small smirk that meant he was starting to like the idea.

"I guess so. What do you think, Pam?"Calum asked her. All three boys turned to her, waiting for her answer. She thought about it.

"I think all of you would be a lot cooler in a band, you dorks." She said and Luke cheered. Then they fell into discussion of the "what if's", like "what if we got famous?" and "what if we toured the world?".

Pamela listened to them talk excitedly about the idea. She even liked how it sounded if she was being honest. Luke would be even cuter in a band.

After school, Pamela went to the music store with Luke and hung out while doing homework. Although her dad was a drunk after what had happened two years ago, he still put the money they received in the bank for Pamela to use for college because he just wanted her out of the house. This meant that she didn't need a job until college.

"But how do you finish this equation?" Pamela asked Luke, running her hands through her hair frustratedly.

"You carry the two over there and..."Luke went on and on about how to do the problem. By the end, Pamela was dozing off. He finally gave up and went through the problem step by step until it was done so she could do the next problem.