.15

"Could I meet your father?" Luke asked while they began eating their pizza. Pamela looked up, shocked, before speaking.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." She tried to shoo the idea away.

"Do you not want me to meet him?" Luke asked immediately.

"It's not that... It's just-" She cut herself off. Something like this couldn't be talked about at a little diner like the one they sat in. "He is just not social. He lost sight of himself after my mother passed."

"Oh." Luke said as he looked down at his plate. Pamela wasn't completely lying with her words.

"This pizza is so good." Pamela tried to cover up the silence that had fallen between them.

"Yeah. I found this place a couple weeks ago and have gotten take out too many times." Luke admitted with a look of shame. "I don't prefer cooking."

"I like cooking actually. I'm quite good at it." Pamela told him truthfully. She had really learned how to make some tasty foods when she didn't have a parent to make them for her.

"Maybe you could cook for me some time." He said shooting her a sly smirk that made her fingers twitch in nervousness. His hair was shaped nicely rather than its usual mess- making him look drool worthy. Not wanting to look intimidated by him, she stared him down.

"Do you want the check?" The waitress asked, seeming to surprise both of them.

"Yes, please." Luke said glancing at Pamela. Before she could protest he was signing it and giving the waitress the money.

"Hey!" She said with a pouty face. "I could've split it with you."

"Nope." He said smiling at her. Out of the corner of her eye, Pamela could have sworn she saw the waitress giggle at them. "Let's get out of here."

Those words made a knot form in Pamela's stomach. Where would they go? What would they do?

Luke stood up, so Pamela did as well. When they were walking out, he put his hand on the small of her back as if he was guiding her. This simple action caused her cheeks to turn red.

When they got into his car, he put on The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, making her smile at him. He turned the volume down.

"My dad called last night." He said, making Pamela turn towards him in surprise.

"What?" She said out of shock.

"Yeah. I haven't called him back. I- I just don't know what I'll say." Luke said with a look of uncertainty. Pamela was still shocked. His father left him at such a young age, she almost found it insulting that he would call again.

"Maybe you should call him back. He might have something to tell you." Pamela said trying to be optimistic.

"Yeah, sure." Luke said in a frustrated tone. He turned to look at her at a stop light. She felt his stare, but felt too nervous under his stare to look back.

She wasn't good at these things. Boys were something she had pushed aside. Now, there was finally a boy she couldn't resist, and each step they took together led her to fall even more under his spell.

"Call him back sometime, okay? Just get some closure." Pamela said to him, ignoring her thoughts that told her it was a bad idea.

"Okay." He said unconvinced, but with promise. They arrived at Luke's house.

"Why are we at your house?" Pamela asked, although she wasn't complaining. Going back home wasn't something she was very excited about.

"I have something to show you." Luke said, his eyes shining with excitement. He hopped out of the car and opened her door for her. Blushing slightly, she walked into the house with him. "It's in my room." He told her as they walked up. Her heart thumping loudly in her chest- she opened the door.