Dazzling.

"I'm dazzling darling!"

I went into English class and I just read a book I checked out from the library. It was a teenage romance novel about an average girl with a troubled family who was finding a nice guy that had his own troubles but they made it work. The plot was simple and there wasn't a whole lot of symbols or meanings or anything along the lines like that, but I still liked it. It was relatable. My family wasn't trouble, they were just absent. It was just we both had a crush on the most popular guy in school.

Rain didn't say anything to me in English at all. No one talked to me in history class either. I went to the library in lab and read through other teenage romance books. The band director complimented me on my horn playing abilities. Then I sat alone during lunch again. Finally, in art, I continued to work on my project.

"Oh why hello Theo," Rain greeted.

Theo didn't say anything. He looked at Rain over his glasses, pursing his lips in distaste and then looked down at his work.

"Tool."

"Douche."

"I am the opposite of a douche. I dirty girls up."

"Oh wow, you're so classy. Tramp."

"Yes. Yes I am."

Rain laughed, and Theo cracked a smile for once. At one point, Rain got up to get some pencils, and that's when Theo asked me, "Why don't you ever say anything?"

"I'm just really shy," I told him.

"Obviously. Why?"

"I guess it's because I've never been with people."

"Seriously. Were you, like, secluded your whole life?"

"Basically. I had tutors and other people in my dance class, but they're all the same."

"What're they like?"

"Well...they're kind of snobbish."

He nodded. "Rich and snobby. At least you're not like that. You're just weird, but that's okay. So you've never met someone who's nerdy like me or flipping crazy like Rain?" he asked.

"No. I just-" Rain came back to the table and I stopped talking, looking down at my drawing.

Rain sat down and once he started to draw again his pencil broke. "Are you kidding me?" he asked. "This always happens!" He stood up once more and went to sharpen his pencil.

"Oh, now I see," Theo said to me.