XI Boy Did That End Bad

{Percy}

I rolled out of bed. Thursday. The school wasn't closed, as nothing was harmed, and all the plumbing was back to normal. Some say it was a freak accident. They had to clean all the food and mess up, and rearrange the tables, but aside from that, they were ok.

Now you can say that life is only crazy as a demigod. Now I can tell you ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
From flooding cafeterias, to dodgeball with cannibals, to a nosebleed awakening the worst goddess of all time. Yes, I'm slightly mad. On top of all that, Carey Simpson (that's her full name) is blaming my girlfriend. Gods, I wish she knew who she was talking about.

I rolled out of bed and through on gym shorts and a t-shirt for school. After a to-go waffle, we took a gut wrenching ride in an elevator (which we'd all gotten used to), and got in the van.

As Leo went in, I saw him meet a girl outside. She pecked him on the lips and they walked in hand in hand.

In first block, Carey sat next to me. She tried to hold my hand under the table. This evening was a swim team meet, so I was excited for that. Finally lunch rolled around. Before Annabeth or anybody else could sit down, she grabbed my hand and slammed it down on the table. She wrote some numbers, then a heart, and XOXO

"Text me later," she said. With that she left.

Leo sauntered over with the same girl who'd kissed him this morning. I raised my eyebrows, and to prove that they had 'magic' as Leo always called it, he kissed her gently, and then sat down on my left. The girl sat down next to him.

"'Sup, Perce," he said.

I held back a laugh, but I was smiling madly I could tell. "Hey, Leo."

Annabeth came down and I hid my hand where Carey had written. I didn't want to make her even more stressed. Then my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Having a make-out session with a girl I like! It was Nico. Nico had just text me. Nico was making out with a girl? An actual girl?

Congrats. Texting and making out? I asked.

Haha. Very funny, JACKSON. Nico text back.

I put my phone away, and my text tone goes off... Again.

Hey babe! Carey? How'd she get my number?

Look Carey I can't date you, ok? I sigh and put my phone up, ignoring the next ding I got signaling I'd gotten a text.

Annabeth must've noticed how sickly I was looking, because she looked me over. "You ok?"

"No," I sigh. The next blocks were a blur. I was extremely excited about the swim meet, so as soon as school was over, I ran to the locker room. I put on my Hawaiian sea green swim trunks, and headed for Goode's pool.

{Annabeth}

I sat on the front row of the bleacher on the opposite side of the pool where they did dives. Percy came walking out, and I stood agape.

He was muscly as all get out. He had a 6 pack. When he moved the muscles flexed. I was thinking of the Roc, and he walked up. He smirked when he saw me staring.

"You checking me out?" He asked, laughing. Carey and her friends walked by him, and giggled.

"Nice body, Percy," Carey called over her shoulder.

He shuddered. Maybe because he was shirtless and was cold, but I doubted it.

We walked to each other, and I hugged him. He held me in his arms, and kissed me.

His lips were salty, like always. When we broke apart, Jason came out wearing electric blue swim trunks. Piper eyed him, and so did Mia... As I looked around, I noticed almost all the girls were staring at Percy. I kissed him again to prove my point.

"Events 1,2, and 3, report to clerk of course," called the announcer.

On his forearm were E, H, and L. Event, heat, and lane. Below were 7 events. Percy must've impressed the coach at practice, because that was a lot of events.

"I gotta go. Event 3." He said. "200 yard freestyle."

"Good luck!" I said. As he walked past Carey, she made Googly eyes and whistled. I roll my eyes. Devil.

I wanted to yell, Go to Tartarus, Carey! But I couldn't. She wouldn't even know what Tartarus was or where it was. The first 2 events went quickly, and then heat 2 of event 3 came up. Percy waited behind the diving block.

"Swimmers, step up," called the announcer. Percy and the others stepped onto the diving block and waited for the next command. The announcer continued, "Take your mark." The swimmers got ready. Then an air horn blew. Percy dove in with the other 4 swimmers. I was cheering for Percy the whole time, but Carey and her group had brought a banner and air horns, and were making a big deal. Percy started tied with the guy for first, and then pushed ahead. He wasn't that far ahead by the 1st flip turn, but in the 50-meter mark he started pushing ahead by a whole body length. By the time he had finished, the other boys were only on their 2nd lap. Cheers from Goode's section. The other team, Winchester Prep School, booed at him. He stayed in the water until everybody had finished and the whistle blew. All the swimmers got out. Percy was behind Clerk of Course and the diving blocks by the wall talking to Leo. I made my way over, but just as I got there, Carey sauntered over, pushing me out of the way. Percy had willed himself not to be dry, so he was soaking wet. His towel was in my hands.

Carey put one hand on his chest, and his eyebrows shot up. "Oh, babe, babe, that was amazing!"

He went to remove her hand, but before he could, Carey Simpson did something I didn't think would ever happen.

She kissed him.