Prom is Soon

{Percy}

Carey hadn't bothered us lately. In fact, she'd only tried flirting. Now it was prom, and I was happy about Annabeth and I finally getting a break.

In fact, I had a gig at prom. I'd been singing at the last school dances, and now Principal Branigan wanted me to sing at prom a few songs. I was gonna sing the male version of Blank Space. I was singing the one Tyler Ward had made/rewritten, also the male version of Sparks Fly.

I was singing 5, I think:

~Classic
~Sparks Fly (male version lyrics Endless Summer)
~Blank Space (male version, lyrics by Tyler Ward)
~Shut up and Dance
~Centuries, by fall out boy

But the twist on Sparks fly was when it said 'hit me with those green eyes baby as the lights go out' I changed the lyrics to 'hit me with those gray eyes baby as the lights go out.'

It was now Monday, and prom was Friday. The plus about Goode is if you play at Prom you practice with the prom band all week 3 hours a day. That meant I missed most of my classes, but I could bring Annabeth in to where the performers were eating privately. Leo was even singing. Leo was singing Light Em Up.

But now it was lunch, and after a heated practice, we finally got to eat. The band that was playing for us, The Rockey Guys, was extremely awesome. Their only problem was they didn't have a Lead Singer because he'd just quit. The old lead singer, Rod Thompson, who they had nicknamed Rad Rod, had quit because he was graduating soon and got offered a scholarship all the way in Florida, a big distance from New York...

So The Rockey Guys were looking for a new lead, and this was the only gig they could get without a singer.

I sat with J.D., the drummer, at lunch. He's in my grade, and he has a sick underage tattoo of the band symbol on his arm. He always wears sleeveless shirts, so it always shows. He's pretty sick, and muscly, so the tattoo looks good on him.

"You know, Percy, you're a great singer. You ever thought of joining a band?" J.D. asked.

"Uh," I think. "Yeah. I always liked music. It's cool. So what kind of music do you usually play?"

"We're like Fall Out Boy," JD said. "Pop-rock."

I nodded sounded sick. "Leo might join."

"Yeah, he's cool. And he plays base. We lost our base player last year from a fight, so we need one. Plus, his curly hair is longish, so he has that shake your head rocker thing going on." JD nodded enthusiastically, "and that special effect at the end of his show, he catches on FIRE! And you made a WATER special effect!"

I grin. "Yeah, we're good with effects."

"Awesome," Replied JD. "So our guitarist, Cam, go talk to him. I'll come with you."

JD and I walked over to Cam, who was talking to Leo.

"Yo Cam, found our new lead singer." JD smirked.

"I found our new base player, JR." Smirked Cam.

"JR?" I asked.

"Jake Rocker," replied Cam with a smirk. "We need a nick for you and Leo, Percy."

"Flame boy?" I reply. "Leo, Flame Boy."

"Yo great, Typhoon." Cam said. "Now we got Flame Boy and Typhoon."

Leo stuck his hands in the air with the rocker hand symbol. "FLAME BOY!" He yelled.

"Typhoon!" I yelled, holding my hand up with a peace sign.

Cam and JR nodded approvingly. "Oh, yo we got band practice tonight at 8:00. Cause we got a gig in 3 weeks, we're doing a song cover. One is See You Again, by Carey Underwood, for a funeral..." Cam shrugged.