Back at School

{Annabeth}

Sadly, Christmas break passed as quick as a light with us. 2 monster attacks already, and we're only halfway through the year. I don't think something's right, because Chiron sent a Satyr and the satyr couldn't smell us, even when we were only 3 feet from him.

Something was up.

Today Percy and I walked into school, hand in hand like normally. Some girls smiled at him and complimented him, which made me pretty mad. Although I knew what it felt like to watch a guy you like with another girl- even though me and Percy had been through so much together.

Percy dropped my hand at the door to our first class.

"Gods, I forgot my homework. It's in my book bag." Percy sighed. "I'll have to go back to my locker." He ran off. 5 minutes later he still wasn't back. Class hadn't started yet, we still had about 7 or 8 minutes. I went to find Percy. But when I walked out of the class, at the end of the hall, at Percy's locker I saw a black haired boy talking to Carey. He had that same tan as Percy. Then Carey saw me and whispered something. Percy didn't face me.

"Annabeth," he said. He didn't sound like Percy. "I'm breaking up with you, cya."

He strolled away casually, linked arms with Carey. My heart shattered. He turned his head and I saw sea green eyes for a split second. Then that weird voice that didn't sound like him said, "Sorry."

I almost died. Just then Percy came back from around the corner he'd just turned.

"Hey, Annabeth, what's up?" He asked. Then he saw the tear slide down my cheek. "What's wrong?"

I shoved him against the lockers and cursed at him in Ancient Greek before running into the bathroom and bursting into tears.

What was wrong with him? Why did he just circle around from holding Carey? It didn't make since. And why didn't he act like he knew what had happened? What was up with Jason and Piper? Why was his voice all weird at first, and then it changed back to normal when he circled back around?

Nothing made sense. Then somebody came through the bathroom door. I turned to see Piper, tears streaming down her face.

"Jason just broke up with me for Mia!"

"Percy just broke up with me for... Oh my gods. I've got to warn them." I say. "Did Jason's voice sound funny?"

"Yeah... And he walked by and asked what was wrong with me!" Piper said. "What a jerk."

"No, it wasn't him that broke up with you. It was somebody working with Carey and Mia. Carey wants Percy, and Mia wants Jason." Then it occurred to me. "I had a dream, twice, of Percy saying 'don't believe what you see.' Did you ever dream of something similar?"

"In-in my knife," Piper said shakily, still shaken up from what had happened with 'Jason'. "Jason said, 'you're eyes and ears deceive you, Pipes. Don't believe what you see.' That's what he said."

I wiped a tear from my eye. "We have to warn the boys before Carey turns them against us."

Meanwhile...
{Percy}

"Jase!" I call to him. Jason looks horror stricken, and I do too I imagine. What the Hades was going on?

"Perce!" He ran to me. We exchanged stories.

"Ok, let's split up and find the girls." I tell him. He nods. I walk down the hall, though it's 1 minute to class. But when I turn the corner I see the worst thing that's happened in my short miserable life. There's a blonde headed girl. And she's making out with another blonde headed guy with flip hair like Ross Lynch. I stare, my mouth wide opened.

"Annabeth?" I asked quietly. They're making out furiously, and she doesn't even notice me.

I run out, and slam into somebody else. Piper. I'm knocked onto the floor, and I pick up my stuff quickly before I burst out crying.

"Percy! Annabeth figured-"

"Shut up, and don't mention her," I said, my head down. I shoulder my text books and run for the courtyard, where I see Annabeth. I start for the door again, and she calls to me.

"Percy-"

"Done making out with Joe so soon?" I ask.

"Percy, listen-"

"No!" I tell at Annabeth, before leaving. I throw my stuff in my locker, and slide down on my knees. The bell had rung 2 minutes ago, but I didn't feel like doing anything. I banged the back of my head against the locker. The janitor looked up at me.

"You ok, kid? Hasn't class started?" He asked.

"I need help..." I murmur.

"Huh?" Mr. Roy asked. Mr. Roy was the custodian. "What's wrong, kid?"

"I... Can't live without her..." I say.

"Kid, Imma call your parents, ok?" He asked.

"No, just... No." I sigh. I lay my head back.

"You sure?" He asked. "You hit your head?"

"No..." I sigh. "Not unless I did and I just imagined that. Never knew she'd be such a cheater and liar."

Mr. Roy walked over to me and looked me over. "Yeah, you didn't hurt yourself kid. Get to class now."

"Yes.... Yes sir." I sigh. I couldn't imagine being in class with Annabeth. I got out my textbooks, and almost fainted walking down the hall. Tears slid down my cheek. Then I saw Jason sneaking out of the building. "Jase." I whisper loudly. "I'm coming with you." When I saw his face, I knew why he was skipping school. But when he saw me, he motioned for me. We both snuck out. We walked a few miles and got back to our apartment. Then we told each other what we saw. We ended up crying a lot, and swimming in my hot tub, and trying to turn on music, but nothing worked. We boarded up the elevator door, and cussed out the girls though they weren't here.

Then we got some sodas. Nothing could get my mind off of them. At 12:30 we left the apartment and took the sub way to who knows where. All I know is we were in the outskirts of New York with beer, hippies, and poor homeless guys. Yep, I kept my hand on my switchblade.

We walked around kicking up dust for a while heading to nowhere just going down the road hoping to get lost or shot. That would put us out of our misery. I decided really quick that if something happened again, I walk down here with a gun and shoot into the sky. That'd get me killed at least. By Zeus or one of those rednecks sitting in beach chairs outside of their trailers or campers.

Jason and I turned around and headed towards the city. It would be at least an hour before we reached the highway. We were way out there. So, I whistled, and Blackjack came out of the sky. And then Jason called his... Storm cloud. We raced into the city, which, even on Pegasus took 2 hours and a half. It was a very... Emotional chat between Blackjack and I. My phone was vibrating off the hook with calls from Annabeth. I turned on Airplane Mode.

Annabeth was a bitch. I might as well just get with Carey. At least she has real love for me.