Chapter VII: Where Loyalty Lies

Svetlana's POV

I finally got around to visit Wanda Maximoff.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked as I walked in.

"I feel strange," She replied.

"How so?"

"I can hear your thoughts, I can hear everyone's thoughts," Wanda said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Like a telepath?"

"I suppose."

"What am I thinking?"

"You're thinking about how you joked about people being a telepath and then someone is actually a telepath -- that someone being me."

"You're good. How did you know you can hear people's thoughts?"

"When I woke up, I heard voices in my head. A lot of them. I thought it was just me, but some thoughts didn't make sense. It was so confusing. It was hard to focus on one thought because they would jumble up in my head. I thought I was going insane, but then a nurse walked in. I intently listened to everything she said and thought. I'd ask her how she was doing and she would think, "I'm tired," but then she would say, "I'm well." Everything started to make sense to me," Wanda explained.

I could only state in awe. If only Strucker knew...

"Don't tell him," Wanda said.

"Huh?"

Oh, telepath. How could I forget?

"Don't tell Strucker. Not yet at least."

"Why?"

"Just don't."

"Have you told anyone besides me?"

"No."

I looked at her in confusion.

"Why did you tell me only?"

"I trust you."

"Me? Why?"

"I haven't been able to talk to Pietro. How is he?"

"Don't change the subject," I said firmly.

"I know you -- your past, your fears, your feelings. I probably know you better than yourself. You're just a pawn in a master plan."

Wanda's eyes widen and covered her mouth. It took me a minute to register the information.

"What do you mean? What master plan?"

I grabbed her shoulders in an attempt for her to look in my eyes.

"What do you mean?"

Her green eyes darted away from mine. I could see how frightened she was, but I was in such a dire need for her to elaborate.

"Stop."

"Please, tell me."

"Stop."