Chapter I: Unity and Amity

Pietro's POV

The man, whose name is Max, showed us around. He told us where we are allowed and not, and the authoritative figures. "Since you are part of the project, I might as well show you the scepter," Max said. We entered a room with a load of machinery, but none quite stand out as the one in the middle: the scepter. The scepter holds a glowing blue stone. Solely by its appearance, one can see how powerful it is. "It is from the Norse God, Loki, brother of Thor. This what we will use to harvest powers for you to free this country," Max explained.

The female soldier reappeared. "Svetlana, right on time. Come join us on our tour," Max interjected. "This is Svetlana, she will accompany you in this project." Her stern countenance melted away into a softer one. "Hello. It will be a pleasure working with you." She held a hand out for me shake. "I'm Pietro Maximoff," I introduced, "And this is my sister, Wanda." Wanda simply waved.

Max and Svetlana walked side by side as we followed. "So, where are the others?" Wanda asked. "They are resting. We will commenced the project tomorrow. You should rest. It is quite a long process," Svetlana said without turning. Max and Svetlana showed us our rooms. Actually, it looks more like cell. "There are clothes and other essentials. Ask me if you need anything. Breakfast is at 8 AM. I'll see you tomorrow. Don't be late." Svetlana winked, opened our "rooms," and left.

"She's quite the flirt." Wanda observed her carefully. "Very."

She is undeniably pretty, but a bit odd. I was too focused on other matters to think too much about it. I prepared myself for bed. When I laid on the bed, it was surprisingly comfortable. "Finally, something they got right," I mumbled. I slowly drifted into slumber.

Next day

"Wake up, Maximoff!"

Someone shook me vigorously. My eyes were still heavy with sleep. I look up to Svetlana. "Told you breakfast would be at 8 AM. Get ready because today, you'll be busy," Svetlana said and left. I do my morning routine and exited my room. I saw Svetlana talking to my sister. Wanda said something presumably funny to Svetlana, which caused her to laugh. It was a cute laugh. It made me smile. I walked towards them. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all," Svetlana replied. Then, they giggled. "What's so funny?" I asked suspiciously. "We were talking about you," Svetlana submitted. "Svetlana!" Wanda yelled. "What? He wanted to know!"

It was nice to Wanda make friends. She is a bit socially awkward. However, I don't lower guard. We still don't know much about Svetlana.