Chapter VIII: Flashpoint

Personally, this was not the first time I broke the rules. However, I know the punishment to this crime will be a painful one. Nonetheless, I did it anyway.

I swore my loyalty to HYDRA after going under the scepter. They were such sweet-talkers. They told me they would keep me safe and there was nothing left for me in the outside world. "People like you, you wouldn't blend in with ordinary people. They will judge you, hate you. They don't like what they don't understand. You are like deity to them, and they don't like that. They will hurt you, but us, we want you here. We need you and you need us. You will never starve when you're with us," Strucker said.

He was awfully talented with persuasion.

I teleported to the camera room and turned off any security cameras in the Maximoffs' cells and teleported to them. They were like caged animals. They were too powerful for these cells. Pietro dashed corner to corner uncontrollably, meanwhile Wanda appeared to be out of reality as she played with cubes. The amazing thing was the cubes were in the air radiating red from them.

"Hey," I said quietly. Wanda clasped her hands together resulting the cubes merged into a spike ball, which startled me.

Her once green eyes was red, just like the glow she emits. She blinked and her eyes reverted to their original color. "Svetlana, what are you doing here?"
She asked discreetly as she neared the bars. "Are you allowed to be here?"

I nodded, and Pietro joined us eventually but he was jittering, which made Wanda and I worried. "You have to keep you and your mind centered. Think of nothing," I said in an attempt to advise him.

I reached to grab his shaky hand. His hand was calloused and rough compare to my smaller and softer hands.

"I have an idea," I said quietly, "But I need you to not tell anyone about this."

They nodded and with my free hand, I reached for Wanda's hand. I squeezed my eyes shut and concentrated.

Immediately, I felt a sudden change in temperature. It was cooler than the HYDRA station.

Pietro and Wanda gazed at the scenery with their mouths opened. "How? How did you do that?" Pietro asked.

I shrugged and said, "You're not the only miracles here. Come on, they are distracted for a short amount of time."

They followed closely. It wasn't easy at all. I know that due to my own experiences. I was all over the place. It was to the point I was in a different continent. I could have escaped, but they tracked me down quickly.  No matter where I was, they were there.

"How do I know you will be able to keep up with me?" Pietro asked.

"No matter where you are, I'll be there too. Even if you're in the deepest sea or the highest mountain, I'll be with you."

I focused mainly on Pietro because Wanda seems to be able to control her power. "Catch me if you can," I said with a smirk. I immediately teleported out of his sight.  "Over here, slowpoke," I taunted. He almost caught me, but I disappeared. It was like cat and mouse game until I almost stepped on something awkwardly and stumbled backward. I would have fallen, but Pietro's arms wrapped around me beforehand.

"Caught you."

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you," I muttered. Then, I stood up and composed myself. I extend my hand outwards to Pietro, ready to go back to Wanda.

"Hold my hand," I said.

"Mm, nope. Ask with more passion," Pietro retorted.

"Oh, well excuse me! Will you hold my hand, love?" I asked mockingly.

"Well..."

"Oh for fuck's sake, Pietro, I will leave you here if you don't."

"Fine," Pietro scoffed.

He grabbed my hand and we teleported to Wanda's location. I noticed how Pietro and Wanda tamed their powers quicker than me. It doesn't entirely surprised me.

Their minds were not meddled with by experiments.

Wanda's surrounding looked like war zone. There was fire, some parts of trees were missing, and the grass was charred.

"Oh my..." I murmured. It felt awfully familiar. I gazed at scenery. I could feel tears welling up, my breathe suddenly felt short, and I started to tremble.

"Svetlana?"

"Svetlana!"

I saw the past flash in my eyes. I've seen it all before and now, I'm living it again.

I felt light patting on my back. I tried to focus on that.

"It's not real, it's not real," I thought to myself, "None of this is real."

"These ghosts won't leave me alone."