Flashback

I can't see! Lucien thought to himself as he tried to search for Kenya.
The dust cloud began to clear. He could see a figure standing.
"Kenya?"

A Watchog appeared out of the cloud.
He had lost.

***

A few moments ago, Kira charged at the Watchog. She was still full of energy and could easily dodge that Retaliate and use it against the opponent. After all, that was her preferred way to battle.

Then she remembered something.

A Pokemon happily ran through the forest.
"I found you!"
A white Zorua leaped out of the bushes at a Petilil. They both fell down and laughed.

"Hey, you know what Kira? " The Petilil asked. "I was wondering, why is your fur like that? You don't look like any Zorua I've seen before"

The Zorua replied. "I know. But that still makes me a Zorua, right?"

"Look out!" But it was too late. A net swooped above it, and the little fox Pokemon was caught.
The Petilil had been caught too.

They both struggled to get put of the net, but whatever it was made of, it was very durable.

"We've got a great catch, Jim!" A rough voice sounded through the forest.

Pokemon poachers.

"Sleep Powder, Liligant!"That was the last thing I heard before everything disappeared.

***

Lucien returned Kenya to its Pokeball.
"That was quite a good battle" he heard somebody say. It was probably Cheren or the gym leader, Lenora. But he didn't care.

Later, as he went out of the Pokemon Gym, he walked to the nearest berry tree. He found a blue berry, which he knew was an Oran.

"Here, take this" he said, handing it to Kira, who was walking slowly behind him.

"Thanks..." She ate the Oran berry.

"Anyway, what happened in there?" he asked Kira. "You were doing so well, but then that happened."

"Ehh, that's nothing! I just wasn't prepared"

But in reality, the reminder of her lost friend , not strength nor preparedness, had made her lose the battle.

----------

AAAAAH sorry for the long wait and short chapter. School has just been so ANNOYJOSDHIOFWEIFEHDH.

So as you can see, I put a bit of Kira's past. The story will get easier to understand as you find about the characters.

BYE

-I.W.