Chapter 4

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V

A week. And no call from Toby. He's stopped giving me updates since the first day of radio tour. I heard him everyday, from this radio to another. Everywhere. Endless personal life questions too. I appreciated what he's been doing, that was not to be so vocal about personal stuff. He didn't let people know we're dating. But it got weirder everyday. Because he supposed to still keep me updated even if he lied to public telling he's single.

I started to doubt the fairytale.

"Hey!" A very loud shout came from across the line. Seventh day, and he finally rang my phone.

"Hi."

"How you doing?"

I smiled. He was my boyfriend indeed. "I'm good. How you all doing?"

"We're doing great too!"

Too many voices interrupted the call. Toby didn't pay me attention. He kept us on the line, but more likely spoke with Connor or Riley. I wasn't sure what he tried to imply. If this the way he told me he's busy at the moment, then he could've just dropped the phone and dialed me later. I was stucked in the need of telling I missed him, or just here listened to their discussion.

"Toby, are you busy?"

"Hmm? No not at all."

"You sound so."

"I said no I'm not busy."

That's strange. Weird. "Who's this?"

"What are you talking about? I'm Toby of course."

"Technically Toby doesn't speak to me like that."

I held my breath and tears. Please Abby don't be so vulnerable. Don't sound like you're vulnerable.

"I spend my time trying to reach you. Isn't that enough?"

Toby's rude tone really was irritating. It's like I was begging him to call me. He put me in this position like he didn't know me. Like I wasn't the one cooked them breakfast every morning while they're home and drop dead tired. Like we weren't dating.

"Go back to work. I don't need this silence." First tear has already fallen down my cheek.

"Abby!"

"What!" I scolded back. "What, Toby? I grab too much attention now? It's okay. Go back to whatever you're doing."

"Sorry."

No you're not sorry.

"I should go." I rolled my body in the bed because currently wasn't doing anything but yeah I probably should just lie that way.

"Okay then." He easily released me.

I kicked the wall with my feet. The air in my room was getting thinner. Blurry world. I cried deep at heart.

"I've missed you." I murmured.

"Say what? Sorry I don't get you. What?"

Oh yeah. You would never even realize that even if I screamed at your ears, boyfriend. Radio tour must have been so blinding.

"No. I didn't say anything."

"Alright. Bye."

The phone was just dropped down back to my bed. I thought getting called by him would turn my dark world around. It's still the same voice I missed. Still the same way he cleared his throat before talking. Still the same 'hey' to start the call. I didn't remember why we're falling apart.

When did it all change?

I looked way left to my wall. Polaroids of our craziness. Two dorks became lovers. When did I become the forgotten?

I changed myself to comfy sweater and jeans. I should get rid of it. I just found out why it took him too long to notice me a call. If radio tour has separated us this way, what could a headlining tour do to us?