Encore by MusicIsMySoul

Summary:

"He only needed a beautiful thought to create beautiful songs."

It's France, 1890; and the Opera Populaire is about to be torn down — taking the nightmares with it.

Until Charlotte de Chagny flees from her arranged marriage and is captivated by the ancient building's beauty, that is. She is determined to save it and the man who can set her soul on fire with his words, a man who had music and passion in his blood; a mystery so engaging she simply cannot keep away. As Charlotte ventures deeper into his beautifully dark world, the obsession and desire between them continues to grow stronger. Until Christine Daae comes back to reclaim her place on the stage and in the Phantom's heart.

Review:

Encore starts off at the perfect spot — Christine Daae and Raoul de Changny's daughter, Charlotte, is in the midst of escaping her arranged marriage. You'll be snapped right into the world, with MusicIsMySoul doing a fabulous job of drawing the lush settings in around you. Charlotte is solid and captivating all the way from her introduction on the first page, something MusicIsMySoul does for every other character as well. The plot is interesting and flows smoothly, progressing without feeling contrived in the slightest. Erik is as irritating and entrancing as ever, leaving notes for Charlotte while still being fragile and wary of trusting her. Christine plays a large role in this story, but not in the way you'd imagine; her true personality shines through in Encore, showing the readers a side of her previously not talked about. The whole way through, you'll be grinning at references to Phantom of the Opera, even as Charlotte doesn't catch them. Music plays an important role in this story, and you can almost believe that they would be singing to each other naturally without MusicLogic (The logic of singing and dancing suddenly as a means of communication and thinking it's totally ordinary within musicals). Through betrayal and complicated loves, no character is forgotten. If you're in the mood for a lengthy, bittersweet Phantom story, Encore is the story for you.

Written by -Pingoodle-