Small Anomalies by MaddysBeauties

Summary:

Erik is heartbroken over Christine Daae. He feels as though his life will never move on from the soprano that had chosen Raoul de Chagny over him. Then She appears. Injured in the woods and unconscious, Erik stumbles across Raeann: a young girl who chose to escape her toxic family life and flee to make a better life for herself. Not even he, the Phantom, is unkind enough to leave her to die as all had done to him, so after much hesitation and trepidation, the Opera Ghost brings her home with him.

He nurses her back to health, using her to distract him from worrying over Christine. She quickly discovers that he has many, many flaws, but as her father had once said: 

Review:

A modern AU of The Phantom of the Opera, Erik manages to keep his dark, Victorian nature, true to his Leroux self, and Raeann is certainly no run-of-the-mill girl in the woods. She's quick to challenge him, and it's refreshing. She's almost as stubborn as he is, and MaddysBeauties does an excellent job of making sure that Raenn never bends her morals to fit what Erik wants from her. Their relationship is almost as captivating, if not more, than Christine and Erik in Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera or the musical adaptation. Erik's true to his broody, stalker-made-tormented-genius self, and because Raeann's living with the famed Phantom of the Opera, nothing is ever simple and MaddysBeauties doesn't make light of that. What starts off as a simple, heart-warming tale of rescuing a damsel in distress, quickly turns into captive versus captor. Reminiscent of The Beauty and the Beast, Encore is a twisted, modern version of The Phantom of the Opera that constantly refers to the musical, and is sure to be a hit with all those who'd love to see Erik struggle to fit in with the modern world. (And as a bonus, the Persian exists.)

Written by