2nd grade

Yea! First day of second grade. I had Morgan and Kailyn in my class. Great! Here comes me getting my clothes ripped again this year. I had mrs. Willis and I loved her. I thought this year will be better.

It was still just as bad as the year before. I had to write a paper about the most important thing that happened in my life. I chose to write about my adoption.

My paper said

Hi my name is Rachel Townsend and the greatest day of my life was when I was adopted. I know some of y'all may be confused by what that means. It means that someone has offered to take care of you even though they are not your parents.

I thought that this day was the best day of my life because I was blessed to have two wonderful sisters and a reckless brother. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me. They treated me with the love any other regular brother and sister would.

I also have a wonderful mom who loves and takes care of me. The thing is, is that I don't have a father like the rest of y'all do. I will accept what I don't have and be blessed with what I do have.

My adoption was the greatest day of my life. What was yours?

That was my paper I know you wouldn't figure that a second grader can write a story like that but it happened.

The next day Morgan and Kailyn were like," You know how it's fun to have a father they play softball with you. Oh wait you don't have a dad." They started laughing then I said," I may not have a dad but I have a mom who does all the same stuff a dad would do." Then the next thing I knew I was receiving a punch to the face by both of them. Then they said," What is daddy going to do now?" Then they laughed and walked off.

I started crying and when I got home I cried even more. I wish I could have a dad.

I'm still the worthless kid since kindergarten.