Session 8: Dawn of the Gem by InkWeave

Session 8

Dawn of the Gem by InkWeave

In a tale that brings in elements of science fiction, fantasy, and romance, fifteen year old Anita Burnside Ben is at that critical stage in her young life. Boys have stepped into the picture and though she seems to have control over that aspect of her world, it complicates her life significantly. But just when she is trying to figure all this out her bourgeois life in the highest echelon of the societal landscape that exists in Arclow City society is torn away from her when a mass genocide threatens to wipe clean the human species from the face of Vorleva. She doesn't have anything to hold on to as she struggles to adjust to her new, completely darkened reality.

But alongside with her in their new post-apocalyptic world is the mysterious, pony-tailed Poncho Rivera with a guarded turquoise squint and a sexy mischievous smirk. He is unlike any guy Anita has ever known in her old life. And she can't help but let her interest turn into a dangerous infatuation even though loving him will cost her more than just her heart. 

Can she hold on to him and him onto her as they struggle to survive in the wake of the pieces of their torn world?

Or will the dawn of something new in Anita's life only be the beginning of a tragic end.

***
Discussion Questions

1) How strong do you think the title Dawn of the Gem is? It's hard for me to let go of it because that was the original title of my series and I really love it despite the fact that it might seem a little rushed or should I say not carefully planned out. I have considered changing it to New Dawn but that is too similar to Breaking Dawn in the Twilight Saga. What do you think?

2) The fact that I use nicknames spelled out as nom de guerres to introduce characters is pretty unique. Do you agree? Can you appreciate the clever meanings behind each of them?

3) Anita seems to hate her mother, Olivia Ben. Do you think she has jumped to conclusions quite fast despite not actually knowing what's inside the envelope? What do you think is inside the envelope? Do you think it could be something bigger than you imagined and maybe possibly linked to the larger plot?

4) If you saw this book in a bookshop would you buy it after reading the summary at the back? Do you think this story is worthwhile? Is it a good read?

5) Please provide any editorial feedback you might have, i.e. How can I make it better?

*** 

A quick reminder that if you've already been featured, you are now invited to submit a second story! Same criteria as before - at least 10 chapters published to Wattpad, and either pure ChickLit or an appropriate cross-over (i.e. Teen/General Fic). PM the almighties to secure your place in the upcoming schedule!

Also, Ara and Lucy would like to apologise for their continued absence - doing our best to keep up with CBC responsibilities & we hope to back to regular involvement ASAP :)

- Ara & Lucy x

***