Chapter 26 Is He My Ally?

"Y-Your uncle? Are you sure it was my family, not someone else's?" 

I stared at Kazuto, wondering if what he said was true.

      "I never heard of another case like yours, so I'm pretty sure. Maybe I have to show you them. If it is my uncle, he should be in jail. That means we could ask him questions."

       "A-Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked sitting up and feeling dizzy.

This is so much to process. He is part of the family that killed mine. Who knows if he is part of it. No, that can't be, he would never... He is too kind for that.

I stared at him still wondering if he is lying about something. What if they are watching him to get to me? Watching... Plotting... Tracking... Somewhere... Anywhere...

      "Asuna are you ok?" 

I jumped not realizing it and started to look around the room; Making sure we were alone.

      "What's wrong...Hey."

I felt his hand on my shoulder and stopped what I was doing.

     "I'm scared." I said to him and his expression saddened.

Did he know that I'm scared of him? How could I not be a tiny bit scared? I still love him but... Who knows? I need to be a little careful around him.

     "You can trust me." He said speaking my mind. "I won't hurt you."

     "H-How..."

     "I saw it in your eyes." He said calmly. "You can't hide anything with open eyes.... They show everything."

      I walked besides Kazuto silently, occasionally I would look at him. He wore a calm looking face, but also serious. How can he do that, and how could I? Why is he calm in every situation? Is it because he has a strong heart? 

I looked away towards the ground wondering how he got this strong. Was it his aunt or cousin? We stopped at a crosswalk and I watched tons of cars go pass us.

     "Hey you ok?" 

Kazuto grabbed my hand gently and I looked at him.

     "Im fine, just thinking." I told him.

     "Everything is going to be fine. We are just going to ask my uncle about some things."

     "I'm scared about that. What if he doesn't tell us or lies? What could we do?" I asked him.

The crosswalk made a noise, letting us know it was ok to walk across the street. Kazuto stayed quiet as we walked across; His hand still holding mine, letting me feel safe and secure.

      "Then I guess I will try to contact my other family members. They might know. I will threaten them if I have to."

I nodded my head slowly and unsurely if this was a good idea. I admit that I'm terrified of seeing his uncle, he could tell others about my description and find me.

     "Asuna...You're holding my hand too tightly."

I blinked and stared at our hands, and sure enough I was.

      "Ah! I'm sorry."

I let go and held my hands together.

     "Are you sure you are ok? If you want, you don't have to come in with me. You can stay at the entrance next to the officers."

     "Ok..." I whispered.

I was already uncomfortable about them, but Rika is probably right. Hopefully Kazuto finds out why they killed my parents and other details. 

I slipped my hand back into his and clung to him using my other hand. Im not clingy; I just feel comfort when I'm near him, and I crave it right now.

     "Thank you for helping me." I softly said.

He kissed my head and smiled.

     "Thank you for letting me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it was short cx

Listening To: Glassy Sky ~ Tokyo Ghoul