Chapter 7 Aftershocks

I woke up with my heart pounding, and I looked around for Kazuto but he wasn’t here. Maybe he had gone home. Oh I wish he hadn’t, I needed someone right now. I grabbed a blanket from one of the chairs and curled up with it. That dream…I seen it many times, but I am always terrified of it. It was real, it had happened and I couldn’t forget about it. It was impossible. I looked toward the window and some light was showing through it. It must be morning. I sighed and got up and walked to the bathroom. I clicked on the light and pushed my hair away from my face. I turned on the sink and I cupped my hands underneath the running water, and splashed it on my face. I wiped my face with a towel, and walked out. I was headed to my bedroom but I stopped at my parent’s. I stared long and hard at the door, the door where everything went wrong. I closed my eyes and walked into my room. I grabbed my red plaid skirt and my white long sleeve shirt, and put it on. I stared at my hands and noticed they were shaking.

“Still?” I quietly said. “Why won’t this ever stop?” I frowned and brushed my hair, putting it in my normal braid. I then put on my silver cross and combat boots. I grabbed my bag and headed out to Aya Atsuko.

It was a bit cold today, and I didn’t bring a jacket. Oh, well, it’s not like I’m going to freeze to death. I shakily sat down on a bench and laid my head down. I took a deep breath of the cold air trying to ease myself. Then all of a sudden…

“Asuna, how’s it going?” My old friend Rika asked. I looked up a bit and looked at her. She had her usual short brown hair and black and pink dress.

“Oh…hey Rika.” I tried to sound calm.

Are you ok?” She asked.

“Just a bad night…” I looked away.

“Oh Asuna, don’t tell me-“

“It was…” Rika was about the only person that I told who knows about my parents. I could trust her with everything.

“Asuna…” She hugged me and it took me a second to hug her back.

“I’m ok…really.” I tried to fight back the tears, but it didn’t help. They flowed freely down my face.

“Asuna, you’re not. You need to go see someone about this.” I shook my head.

“They don’t know what it’s like.” I buried my face in her shoulder.

“You don’t know about that.” She told me.

“Yes, I do. They tried getting me into with someone, but it always ended wrongly.”

“Like that time, when you had to identify the people?”

“Ya…It was no use, I couldn’t remember what they looked like, and they were very close to me. How does that even happen?!” I cried out.

“You were scared.” I pushed her away. I didn’t like hearing that I was a scared cat, or stupid for not saving someone. I couldn’t help it, I don’t think anyone could.

“I don’t want to be Rika…” I slowly stood up with my bag and started to walk away. “I don’t want to be…my life was really screwed up. Why do things always have to happen to me? I walked with my head low, facing the ground and I ran into someone. I looked up and saw Kazuto, he was smiling at me. I couldn’t it, I immediately hugged him.

“Wow…missed me that much?” He chuckled.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have left last night.” I clung to him.

“What do you mean?”

“I um….had a nightmare and I woke up scared…” I hated to admit it, I felt useless. I looked up at him and he looked sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Did it feel real?” I stepped back a bit. It was real, but in a dream which also felt real…

“Ya…it was really bad.” I looked down.

“Do you mind telling me? It might help.” That’s what they all say.

“I don’t want to talk about it, sorry.” I looked at him again.

“When you do, you can always come to me.” He smiled.

“I will.” I leaned toward and kissed him. “I promise.” When I’m ready…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like/Love:Vote

Hates,Opinions, Questions: Comment

Add To Library Or Reading List

Follow If Want 

Share With Friends

Listening To: Hurry Up And Save Me ~(Nightcore)