Chapter 8

Tajj and Carla left me in the house all alone. I watched them walk over to the Vasquez's house. Ten minutes later they came back laughing and giggling

"Come on Nicole they are about to leave."

"Carla first I have to tell my mom and who are we riding with?"

"Ms.Maria already told your mom we're going with them and we're riding with Nicco c'mon."

Carla and Tajj left me in the house.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" I yelled "What about my crutches?!"

  We went over to Nicco's car. The inside of it had black leather seats and a sun roof. The cars interior had a whole bunch of buttons. I wouldn't  know what to press if that was my  car.

"Hey Nicole sit in the front." Carla said smiling and all.

"No Rod can." I started to stare at Rod. I saw Carla making faces at Rod then Rod looked at me.

"Uh no it's okay go ahead."

  Damn it !!  We all sat down in the car getting settled. Damn did Nicco's car smell good. We waited for Ms.Maria to hop in her nice baby blue van. After she got in we followed her.

It was me , Carla , Tajj , Rod and I  in Nicco's car. Tammy ,Victoria , Jon and Jayson in Ms.Maria's car.

   Nicco opened his sun roof and rolled all the windows down. It was really hot outside and the breeze that was coming in the car while we were driving felt so good. Nicco turned up the radio. The radio was playing freak hoe by Speaker knockers. I started to nod my head to the song.

"You like this song?" Nicco's voice was just so handsome.

"Yeah I do." I stated smiling looking forward. I didn't want to look him in the eyes I was to shy.

"Well I guess I'll just turn it up." Nicco reached to turn up the music. I could hear Tajj and Carla singing. I turned around to find them dancing they were moving the car and everything.

"Damn y'all." Nicco said with a smirk. Rod looked all confused.

"Haha Rod your face!" I blurted

"What?" He started to smile.

I turned around and faced forward.

"Im surprised your not staring at me."

"Oh sorry I just go off to my own little world."

"Mhmm." He started biting his lip. I felt myself getting warm.

  It took us two hours to get to the beach.

"The beach!?!?! I didn't know we were going to the beach oh my gosh"

"What?" Nicco's voice sounded confused.

"Ah Nicole?" Carla said

   I opened the car door and waited for some to hand me my crutches. I kept looking out at the beach. I know Virgina doesn't have the prettiest waters, but it was a gorgeous sight. Finally Nicco came with my crutches.

"Damn I don't think your gonna need these on the beach. I mean look at all this sand." He smirked,throwing them back in his trunk.

"So what am I gonna use?" I asked with a serious face.

"You can use me."he smiled all hard and shit.

Carla and Tajj started bust out laughing. Then they thought it was okay to leave me with Nicco and run to the beach.

"Welp it's me and you , let's go."

Nicco picked me up and brought me to where everyone had set up for the rest of the day.

  I watched everyone unpack the car. It looked liked Ms.Maria packed her whole kitchen.

"Wow Ms.Maria."

"What girl we need this food." She smiled.

"Yeah mom you be packing everything I swear." Jon said in a pissy voice.

"No this is about half of the kitchen, Im kidding."  She started to laugh.

I finished watching everyone unpack all the food, but the wind was blowing and my hair kept getting in the way so I put it up in a ponytail. After I was done messing with my hair Nicco came up behind me.

"Nicole I really need to tell you this."

Nicco looked behind me to the beach.

"You look beautiful in that bathing suit." His eyes met mine.

"Thank you. I know." I started smiling. I knew I was blushing.

Nicco picked me up and took me to the beach. He held on to me tight because he didn't want me to float away. I watched Tajj get on top of Jon and Carla get on top of Rod. They were playing a game to see who can knock eachother down. Nicco put me back on shore and went for a swim. I could see from the distance that Carla fell first . Tam and Vic(nicknames for Tammy and Victoria) sat next to me.

"Nicole can I ask you something?" Tammy asked waving to some guy.

Instead of answering her I looked at her in a what you want face?.

"Do you like Nicco im just curious?"

"Ha who put you up to this Nicco?" I started smiling.

"No I'm just curious as I said."

"Well sorry to pop your bubble, but no." I lied. I started to look out at Nicco.

"But you know you do!" I heard Tammy yell in the distance while she walked away.

  Nicco carried me up to Ms.Maria. We talked for which seemed like hours. Around 6 everyone else came up and ate dinner we had sandwiches , and kool-aid. After we all ate Nicco stayed on the beach with me everyone else ran back to the beach for their last few minutes of fun. Nicco and I pack everything back up.

"Hey why don't you swim?" Nicco asked.

I looked at him with a are you stupid look.
"What you mean why don't I swim? I can't duh."

He started laughing.

"Oh you being feisty now aren't you?"

he smirked.

"Well, to bad you can't get in the water....nobody to take you."

He started looking around cluelessly.

"Well."

He cleared his throat.

"Actually there is this one guy named Nic-."

"Just take me asshole." I cut him off smiling.

  After our last swim everyone dried off and got back in the cars to drive the long way back home.