No. 5

Luke

I spent my Saturday night over a desk writing a new song. Trying to base it off of a more punk sound, instead of our usual popish punkish, I don't even know what to call it, sound. My main point was to make a sound that was rock-and-roll worth. I tapped my foot, accompanied by my favorite pair of black vans, to the beat of Angel With a Shotgun by The Cab. I scribbled down the first line of the song, I almost knocked her off her feet when we first talked.

" Gahhhh motherfucking asshoe." I groaned as I crumpled up the piece of lined paper and shot it into the bin a few yards away. I looked down and concentrated my thoughts drifting back to Mike's last relationship. Haha she always bitched at him for sleeping in, but she was hot. Then Cal's last relationship, she was an annoying shit. She would always scream at her friends over the phone, I once kicked her out of our house because she was yelling at godamn 2 am. My last girlfriend would constantly bring me down, telling me my dreams were crazy, and that I have like zero self esteem. Then to Cara, she's effortlessly beautiful. I swear my eyes got like 8 shades brighter because I actually thought of something. I threw away the pencil I broke from rage and grabbed a new one. After about 2 hours I finally finished.

All I did was incorporate what Cara and I talked about that first day in the hallway. Our reject scene, and how broken we are. Yet we still find our ways to make the best of our rebel/ reject nature. And how even though you pick at us and throw nasty comments zero fucks are given.

My girlfriend bitchin' cause I always sleep in

She's always screamin' when she's calling her friends

She kinda hot though

Yeah, she's kinda hot though

My chick is tellin' me I got crazy dreams, she's also sayin I got no self esteem

She's kinda hot though

Yeah she's kinda hot though

She put me on meds she won't get outta my head

She's kinda hot though

My friend left college cause it felt like a job

His mom and dad both think he's a slob

He's got a shot though

Yeah he's got a shot though

When you've got bigger plans that no one else understands

You've got a shot though

They say we're losers and we're alright with that

We are the leaders of the not-coming-backs

But we're alright though

Yeah we're alright though

We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene

But we're alright though

Yeah we're alright though

Sometimes I'm feelin like I'm goin insane

My neighbor told me that I got bad brains

But I'm alright though

Yeah we'll be alright though

Cause we're the Kings and the Queens of the new broken scene

And we're alright though

They say we're losers and we're alright with that

We are leaders of the not-comin-backs

But we're alright though

Yeah we're alright though

We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene

Yeah we're alright though

But we're alright though

Yeah we're alright though

We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene

But we're alright though

I smiled to myself in triumph. I actually got shit done today! I looked at the clock, 5:00 am.
I groaned and went downstairs for breakfast.

Cara

I quickly snuck upstairs to see if my dad was still asleep. I walked in the hallway to hear loud snores. I rolled my eyes for like the 100th time and snuck into my room. Creeping on the side of the wooden boards so they didn't creak. I looked around my room covered in poster of bands like Blink-182, All Time Low, The Sex Pistols, Greenday, Kings Of Leon, etc. I walked over to my closet and stood on the tips of my toes to grab something on the shelf of the walk in closet. I pulled down the black bag and ran down the steps, grabbing the keys to my red porche and headed to Hi or Hey Records. I unlocked the front doors and pulled out the spray cans. I sprayed a guitar, drums, piano, and the 5sos tally mark logo thingy. Along with the logo for my band. I sprayed a girl singing and a boy singing next to her, resembling Luke and I. I did a couple more colorful doodles around the room. I decided that would be enough for now. Just as I walked out she heard the door open I groaned quirky and started jogging to the band practice room. I sit an put the bag next to me. About 15 minutes later I hear footsteps. Please don't come in here Please don't come in- The person came in here.

" Find another room I am doing stuff. Oh, hey Lucas." I grin at the taller blonde boy. He smiles goofily back. I slowly pull the black bag away. He looks at it and opens it he looks at me I cringe.

" You did that?!" Luke yells I flinch because in not sure if that's anger or something else. He grins and I sigh in relief.

" It's brilliant! You're amazing, you should be an arti- oh nevermind. You already are. You are like bilingual but for arts...." Luke mused to himself and I giggled. I giggled I don't giggle. I coughed and looked at Luke who had an amused look. I stuck my tongue out at him and then laughed it off. He cooed and walked over, wrapping an arm around me. I felt warmth erupt through me as I hugged Luke. We pulled away and looked at each other, smiling brightly. 

" CARA WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?!!?" My dad yelled from the lobby. I saluted to Luke and smirked.

" I best go talk to my father." I nodded to him then stepped out the door. My combat boots clicking every so often as I made my way to the lobby. I found my dad fuming in the newly redecorated room.

" Hey dad what's up?" I smile innocently and he yelled. I stood strong and didn't flinch.

" You're a real bitch you know that?" My dad fumed I rolled my eyes again and replied.

" Oh my god! You need help! You think I'm a dog. If you would've called me a monkey, then that would've been slightly closer. Dad, calm your self. Zen motherfucker, zen." I told my dad. Walking out of the room and back into the band room sitting next to Luke.

" Careful Lucas, he's a godamn gorilla right now."

___

-Basher

(Hunter Edit)