Chapter 5 - The Man on the bridge.

Reader's POV

'What had you been thinking?' You thought to yourself as you kept your gaze away from him. Your body had just moved on its own and now you wanted more, a whole lot more. 

"Sir we've located the two targets Peirce wants you to take out. Do you want to proceed to the Triskelion or pursue the targets?" he glances down at you for a brief moment before he says, "Proceed to the targets location." 

"Understood." 

You stared at him for a moment before you say, "You're not taking me to Hydra?" 

He gulps down a breath of air as he says, "Not yet," 

Feeling a wave of relief rush over you, you smile and wrap your arms around him. "Thank you." You felt his arms wrap around you and you quickly take in his scent of gunpowder and leather. It was intoxicating. It made you want to continue what the two of you had been doing just moments before.

He quickly pulled away from you leaving you with the feeling of a hole in your body. Your mind quickly went back to moments before and you reach up and gently touch your lips. Everywhere his hands had touched was burning with desire to be touched more. You stole a glance too see him fidgeting next to you and you smirked as you realize he wanted more too. You could tell he was trying to hold himself back. 

"Bucky," You say as you look over at him. He glances at you before you smirk and say, "Can you promise me something?" He raises an eyebrow but slowly nods and you lean back against the side if the van and keeping eye contact with him say, "Will you promise me that no matter what happens, that you'll remember me?" He stares at you for a moment unsure of what to say before you heard him say, "I promise I'll try." You smirk as you lean over against his cool metal arm and say, "That's all I could ask for."

You didn't know how much longer you would be a part of this story especially since Hydra would most likely kill you in an attempt to pick your brain for information. All you did know was that you wanted Bucky, but that couldn't happen. The coolness of his metal arm felt nice against your cheek. It was helping to pull the heat from your body making it easier to sit next to him. Then it hit you, Bucky was about go up against Steve, Nat, and Sam. Panic filled your body as you knew that Bucky wouldn't recognize him. 

"Don't go after them," You hear yourself say as you turn to look into his eyes. 

"I have to, it's my mission." 

"Just like I was your mission?" You say rather hatefully making him stare at you confused. "Bucky I know who you're going after and so do you, you just don't remember." 

He clenches his jaw as he says, "Either way, I have a mission and I have to complete it. I can't make that mistake again." Your heart drops as you realize he is talking about you. 

"Maybe you should have just completed your first mission to begin with." You move from your seat to sit further away from him at the other end of the van.

You steal a glance back toward him to see him staring off after you clearly regretting what he had just said. This would most likely be the last time you saw him. You start to say something to him only to see him knock on the door leading to the front of the van and after it opened he walked through it leaving you in the back alone. You let out a sigh as you turn back to face the other side of the van only to see a familiar face that startled you so much you jumped. "AH! Jesus you can't just appear out of nowhere like that." 

The genie smiles as he says, "Are you enjoying yourself?" 

You sigh as you say, "No, I've been shot, I've almost been murdered twice, and the guy I like is a walking bag of issues. How do you think I feel?" He chuckles as he crosses his legs. "This isn't a joke I wanna go home!" You say your temper starting to get the better of you.