Chapter 12 - Too Good To Be True

When you all walk into Steve's apartment you take Bucky's hand and lead him to your room. "This is my room, but I will share with you." You say and looking up at Bucky sees him gulp down a breath of air. You chuckle to yourself as you tighten your grip on his hand and say, "Don't worry I'm not going to attack you while you sleep, I'm a classy girl like that." He chuckles and you smile releasing his hand and saying, "Okay I bet you're hungry, and of course you need some clothes. Steve!" 

You walk out of the room to see the super soldier reaching into the fridge and hear him say, "Already working on it!" You smile as you reach the fridge and looking over the door say, "Okay well I also need some clothes for Bucky before we go shopping tomorrow. Can I just go get some from your room?" 

"Uh yeah sure go ahead." 

"Sweet thanks Stevie." 

"Don't call me that!" You hear him say as you quickly run out of the kitchen and toward Steve's room. "Follow me Sir," you say as you pass by Bucky.

After raiding Steve's drawers you pull out a white tank-top and a pair of long pajama pants. "Here you go, and if you want you can take a shower real quick." He follows you to the bathroom and after you motion into the small room he turns to you and says, "Um I don't suppose I could get a razor?" 

"Sure, Steve leaves the spare razors in the bathroom cabinet on the top shelf so I won't steal one of his." He raises an eyebrow at you and you cock your head to the side in confusion as you say, "What?"

 "He hides his razors from you?" 

"Oh yeah, I think that men's razors work a lot better than women's; leaves a much nicer feeling on my legs." His face turns a bright shade of red and you smile as you say, "I'll let you get too it then." You walk past him and try not to smile to brightly as you walk back into the kitchen to help Steve cook.

You and Steve had decided on your mother's famous homemade spaghetti and homemade garlic cheese bread. You had made it for Steve when you were helping him recover and ever since then he had become a big fan of it. You bobbed your head back and forth as the sound of Steve's record player plays out Frank Sinatra's 'Come Fly with Me' throughout the apartment. You hear the sound of the bathroom door open and turn to see Bucky walking toward you both; his hair, still wet, was now pulled back out of his face and tied in a ponytail and his face was clean shaven. The tank-top left his arms bare making his muscles stand out. You were so entranced by him that you didn't hear Steve say your name until he tapped you on the shoulder causing your to jump in shock and drop the ladle you had in your hand to the floor.

"Oh, sorry um what did you need?" You ask Steve as you pick the ladle up and walk over to the sink to wash it off. "I was just gonna let you know you were staring." He says as he chuckles. Your face reddens as you clear your throat and say, "I don't know what you're talking about." After the ladle is clean you walk back over and placing it on the counter next to the stove you turn to Bucky and say, "Do you feel better?" He nods and rubs his freshly shaven chin as he says, "Lots, I didn't know a shower could feel so good." 

"Hot showers always help." You say as you subconsciously stare at him until you catch yourself and shaking your head say, "Are you hungry?" 

"I could eat," 

"Good, cause it's almost done."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner you stood in front of the sink washing dishes the old fashioned way since Steve refused to buy a dishwasher, and all you could think about was how awkward dinner had been since you couldn't concentrate on anything other than Bucky. Biting your lip you envision his muscular arms wrapped around you. You were so entranced you didn't hear him walk up behind you. "______?" he says and you jump almost dropping the plate you had in your hand. You quickly turn toward him to see him staring at you with a raised eyebrow.