NOW - CHAPTER 21

Bliss.

My life had become bliss. I spent every day having fun with my friends. It was like someone had turned on the light in my life. I was no longer just blending in, I was living, and God did I love my new life.

Everything seemed brighter, more colorful, even food tasted better.

Cole never left my side nor did he miss an opportunity to constantly have a hand on some part of my body.

When I'd teased him about it he'd looked at me sternly and explained that he'd waited for so long to be able to touch me that now that he could, nobody would stop him.

I'd almost told him the three words that he kept proclaiming to me like so many feather-like caresses to my heart. Almost. Because I knew now.

I knew what love was.

I didn't mean the brotherly or friendly love that I'd questioned so many times growing up, unsure of being worthy enough of such an ominous feeling.

I now knew without the shadow of a doubt that it was that love, Charlie's and then Dennis and the girls' that had enabled me to put what was happening at home to the side and make the best of the time I spent at school.

Mrs. Fields had been proud of me when I'd finally mustered the courage to share what had been a true epiphany.

I hadn't told her that I was now also well acquainted with Love with a big L even though I was pretty sure that she'd probably guessed having Cole and I holding hands and staring at one another hungrily as if it was our last day on earth, day in and out.

I was actually in love with being in love with Cole. I loved to be completely consumed by him. His voice, his smell, his touches, everything he did, even the tiniest flex of his arms, made me melt inside.

It seemed that the fire that had taken a permanent residence in my core.

I'd truthfully enjoyed the many occurrences when Cole had expertly used his hands, his lips or his tongue to send me undone. Funny how it'd never put the fire out, though.

Fortunately, Cole's own fire was just as persistent as mine so I no longer felt like something was wrong with me each time a simple whisper, a tiny caress, generated at the same time shivers, goosebumps and those incredible waves of heat that incapable of controlling, I'd finally accepted.

After he'd made me see an explosion of stars behind my eyes enough times for me to know just how much he cared for me, I'd requested to be taught how to reciprocate. My initial awkwardness was soon forgotten when his emerald eyes locked on mine, baring his soul for me to see until a look of pure ecstasy had crossed his eyes as fireworks exploded behind his eyes.

I'd truly loved experiencing the shattering waves of pleasure but seeing him and being the one to put that ecstatic look on his face was ten times better and I couldn't wait to feel truly ready to experience the real thing.

At first, I'd been worried that Cole would get tired of waiting or bored with what I offered him so I'd finally blurted it out to him a couple of days ago.

He'd laughed and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I'm the happiest man in the world right now so don't you worry your beautiful face about my getting tired of you..." He'd exclaimed with a huge smile before chuckling lightly. "I love you so much..." He'd added while shaking his head. "So much..."

I'd been too mesmerized by his awed expression to say anything but I knew I wouldn't be able to hold the three words for much longer.

Especially after I caught him staring at me lovingly the way he was right now.