NOW - CHAPTER 11

Everything was blurry around me and I felt so tired. Why was there an IV currently plugged into my arm?

"Zoe?" Somebody called me but I didn't recognize the voice. Something moved in front of me. "Is there anything we can do for you, Sweetie?" The voice then said.

Was I dreaming? What if the voice belonged to some fairy?

"Could I go and see Charlie, please?" I tried.

"Aww, Sweetie. I've already sent a request for you to go and visit him..." I could now distinguish a human shape in front of me. "Is there anything else you would like?"

I thought about it for a second and then decided to go for it. It wasn't every day that you could choose what happened in your dreams!

"Cole..." I murmured feeling embarrassed even though it was all a dream.

There was no reaction so maybe I hadn't said it loudly enough. Oh well... I was feeling so sleepy anyway.

"Zoe?" I didn't have to open my eyes, I knew it was his cologne.

I could feel my lips move up into a huge smile.

"You don't hate me?" I muttered.

He sighed.

"Do you?" He answered.

"I can't stop thinking about your kiss..." I admitted.

"Me neither and it's driving me crazy." He said before adding, "I'm so glad you're still talking to me..."

I could feel goose bumps all over my body.

"Why can't I see properly?" I hadn't minded not seeing the fairy, but I wanted to savor every single seconds spent with Cole.

I felt something move on my forehead.

"You had a wet cloth on your forehead..." His deep voice made me feel all warm inside.

I smiled when our eyes locked together.

"Your eyes are really beautiful..." I heard myself say.

"I love yours too..." He chuckled. "Just as I love how chatty you get when you have a fever..."

I frowned.

"So cute with your nose all crinkled..." He whispered before grazing my nose.

I was glad to be lying down because I knew for sure my legs would have given way otherwise. I loved this dream. I loved how all the ugliness had been put aside and how Cole and I could just... Could just what?

"I think people call what we're doing flirting..."

"Did I say that out loud?" I said feeling embarrassed. It was short-lived however, because his face was suddenly lit up by the most beautiful smile and I was awestruck.

"You did..."

"Oh..." Why worry about it? It's only a dream! Enjoy the moment, girl! My pep-talk made me feel bolder than ever. "D-do you think, you could... Hmm... Like, hold me?" I closed my eyes, worried about his reaction.

"Like Charlie used to with your back to my chest?" He sounded so shy, I melted a bit more.

"Hmm... Maybe we could try... hmm... chest to chest?" Please don't reject me, please don't reject me, please don'... Oh! The bed dipped next to me as he carefully lay down and slid his left hand under my head. It was even better than wearing his hoodie!

"I'm glad you think so!" He chuckled. "I definitely love ill Zoe..." He then muttered.

I shrugged embarrassedly.