Chapter 2

*Emma's POV*

"Killian! I am so glad you're back!" I say as I approach him. He smiles, then leans in and locks my lips to his. He then breaks apart and looks down at Liam.

"How is my little pirate doing?" He says jokingly as he leans down and kisses his forehead.

"Hey Killian." Henry says when he reaches the bottom of the stairs with Leia.

"Hey lad, how're you?"

"I'm quite good." He says handing Leia off to Killian.

"And how are you my darling?" Killian asks Leia. She makes a gurgling which makes Killian smile.

"Did you find anything out?" I ask wanting to know about his trip, and if he found an answer.

"They said the only way they know of is another Dark Curse."

"But I don't want to enact another one." I say.

"I know love, but if you want to go back, that is the only way."

~

That night my parents, Henry, the twins, Killian, and I sat around a table discussing what we should do. A guard bursts through the door.

"Your majesties, a woman by the name of Belle wishes to see you." He said.

"Go ahead and let her in." My mother says kindly.

The guard exits and Belle rushes in.

"We have a bit of a crisis." She says as soon as she stops, out of breath.

"There is always a crisis." Killian says dramatically.

"Did you ever wonder what happened to Cornelius when we got back here?" She asks.

"Please don't talk about him." I say.

"But you must know. Emma, after Rumple died, you asked where all the darkness tethered to him went. I've been researching and the darkness claims the darkest soul in the realm when not tethered to a person. That was Cornelius."

"No. No. No. I have his heart, I put it in Regina's vault."

"Well, I've been staying with her and a month ago someone broke in to her vault and took a heart, and I think it was Cornelius." She says really quick.

"I've heard enough." I say standing up from the table and walking out of the room. My heels clicked against the wood floors as I rush up to my room. As I hit the marble steps I fall to my knees.

I can't handle anymore. But I hear an echoing laugh at the top of the stairs. I pick up the skirt of my dress and I climb up the steps.

"Why hello, darling." The voice said giving me the creeps.

"Come out Dark One." I say because I know that voice anywhere.

"Dark One, harsh, harsh." He says stepping out so I can see him. His skin was green and scaly, his brown hair was now gray and long. His teeth looked as if he hadn't brushed in a century.

He was hideous.