Chapter 7

*Killian's POV*

Late into the night, the snow fell and fell. Coating the ground in a thick, beautiful layer of white. Only if Emma were here to see this.

Tomorrow, Snow and I head to Camelot to where Merlin is. Snow said she had a history in Camelot once long ago. David offered to stay and watched the kids, since he has no past in Camelot.

I decided to see Emma before I left. Walking down to the dungeon is always cold, dark, and well frightening, it's meant for dangerous people. I brought down a few blankets since before she became the Dark One she always complained how cold it was here. I'm trying not to make her hate me.

"Emma?" I question as soon as I get down there because she is no where in sight.

"Hey Captain." She says in a disappointed voice, not in her evil tone.

I slip the blankets through the bars they drop on the ground. "I brought you these since I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Thanks? Where are you going anyways?" She asks picking up the blankets.

"To Camelot, we are looking for someone that can help you." I reply.

"What if I don't want help?" She says now her natural Dark One voice returning.

"You have lots of people that care about you, Emma. It's the best thing, and you're getting help whether you like it or not."

"Can I tell you something?" She asks kindly. Probably one of the nicest things she has said to anyone since she became like this.

"Yes, love?"

"There's a dead girl inside me. I can feel her rattling around. Her lungs choked with loss, a heart pounding like war drums. She had a laugh like summer rain until the world tore it away. Little girls who wish on stars don't last long on the ground." She pauses, all the things she is saying are true. She smirks finishing, "There's a dead girl inside me, and I'm the one who killed her." She laughs.

I walk out of the dungeon, I cannot hear anymore. I am leaving for Camelot, now.