Chapter 12

The dogs were huge. Lots of muscle, and very dangerous. I closed my eyes out of fear and just swung. Swung that sword around everywhere until I didn't hear a single bark anymore. I open my eyes, and the dogs are gone. I thought I killed them, but they would be laying there if I did. I hate this. So many unanswered questions. But I keep walking. Jogging. Sprinting. I gain more and more strength, until I am running full speed ahead. Then I hit a steel wall.

Owwwww. That hurt really bad. I get up and shake it off. The wall turns out to be a door. A blue, steel door. But it looks wooden. But it's definitely steel. It has the name John written across the top. Then I look to my left, and there's a short hallway to another door. It has the name Chance written across the top. Chance!!! I run towards the door, and before I can stop, I hit another wall. A glass wall. His door is right in front of me, so close. And I can't reach. Wait. Whose John? I thought this was my family. So who is John? And why isn't there a glass wall in front of his door? I walk back over to Johns room, and reach for the door knob. It opens. Not what I expected. I walk in, and see a boy about a year older than me. He looks terrible. Starved, scared, and bored to death. "Who are you?" He asks. I realize how I'm staring at him. "Oh, uh, I'm Beverley." I (very awkwardly) reply. "Are you John?" "Um, yeah. How'd you know? And how did you open my wall?" He asks. I look back, and there isn't a door, just an empty wall where a door would be. Where did the door go. That was my way out. Ugh, I guess I'll have to laser down his room too. "Hello?" Oh wait, he asked me a question. "Oh, yeah, uhm, well I was in a room like this too, and I used my tools to get out and find your room, and there was a door with the name John on it, but when it shut, I guess it locked us back in here." I say. "Where are your tools John?"
John : "I never got tools."
Beverley : "Huh? Whatever lets just get out of here."
J : "Ok let me take a shower"
Wait. He has a bathroom? Well I guess I got tools, so he got a bathroom, but then what did Chance get?
B : "Uh ok, take your time, this escape takes about an hour or so."
I hear his shower turn on, and feel weird. I'm in an older guys room, while he's taking a shower. Ew. I turn on the laser, and about 20 minutes later he walks out of the bathroom. I turn around, and he is hot. Like, hot. I guess he didn't brush his hair earlier or something, cause he is so much more attractive than before. He also has an 8 pack. Like, how many chances do you get to see a hot, ripped guy next to you?  Not many, unless your at a gym, or with Channing Tatum. < which would be pretty awesome tho. He sits next to me.
J : "How's it going?"
B : "Um I'm good, kinda bored but I don't care that much."
He looks at me weird.
I feel awkward.
J : "Uh, I was talking about the laser thing."
This got really awkward, really fast.
B : "Oh, sorry yea that's good too. It's taking less time than before. So that's good.... Anyway, how old are you?"
J : "I'm 18, you?"
I think I died and came back to life just now. Exactly a year older. I feel like screaming and jumping, but I must keep talking to him.
B : "I'm 17... Uh, what do you like doing? Like, sports and stuff?"
Sports and stuff? What was I thinking?!
J : "I used to play football and soccer, before I came here."
B : "I played Volleyball before I was captured. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get here?"
J : "Well I was at my friends graduation party, and things got out of hand so I was planning on leaving. Before I left, this dude who looked like one of those burglars dressed in all black, came up and pulled out a gun and shoots me. I don't know where, but it knocked me out. Then I woke up here."
B : "That's terrible. So you've been here for almost a year?"
J : "Yeah, but I didn't know anyone else was here."
B : "Yeah my brother Chance and I were captured. But not at the same time, and we weren't put in the same room."
J : "How did you get captured?"
B : (I explain everything that happened before and then my story here and how I found him and stuff)
J : "Woah. That's crazy. You went to jail? What a bad girl"
He laughs. I think he might like me too. Oh my god. Ahhhhhhh!!!
B : "Haha, I guess so. But a ---"
All of a sudden there's a big crash.
J : "Oh, looks like the laser finished"
B : "Yeah, let's go"
We head out and go to the glass wall in front of my brothers door. John is still excited that he finally got out. I hand him the sword and the lighter and tell him to burn the glass a little and hit it with the sword. I take out the laser and try to get it open.
*2 days later*
The glass just broke. We got so exited, we hugged. Then we opened my brothers door, careful to have someone hold it this time, and I look and see my brother asleep. I walk over and sit next to him. I cry some, and wake him up. When he wakes up, he screams my name and hugs me. But something is different. The hug. It doesn't feel as cozy as it normally does. Chance gave the best, coziest hugs ever. I back away and look at him. He is skinny as a twig, dirty, and has cuts and bruises all over him. He must have seen my eyes widen, because he explained that they didn't feed him, didn't clean him, and he said that they were torturing him every day until about a week ago. About a week ago I got out of the room. They were torturing my brother due to my lazy-ness. If I had tried to get out of there sooner, my brother wouldn't be as hurt. Then Chance notices the hot guy holding the door for us, and the questions roll in. Most of them consist of whether we're together or not, and how we met. I told him the whole story, and we start plotting our epic escape plan.