Chapter 1

"Ugh, will you shut up?!" I say to my brother Chance. "Just here to annoy you!" He yells back. I slam my door and lay down on my bed. I get my phone. "Hey Chelsea, can you pick me up to go shopping? My stupid brother is annoying me." I text. "Sure! Be there soon ;)" she texts back. "MOM!! IM GOING SHOPPING WITH CHELSEA!!" I yell across the house to my mom. She walks in. "You know I was right next door right?" she says. "Oh. Oops. Anyway, Chelsea will be here soon" I said. "Your leaving?" she said as if she was surprised of me going shopping. "Why are you so surprised? I'm always going shopping with Chelsea." I said. "Not today." she said and walked out. What the crap... I said to myself. She always lets me go shopping. That was weird. She was also acting weird at breakfast. I finally decide to tell Chelsea. "Hey I can't come for some stupid reason. My mom is acting weird. Sorry." I text Chelsea. "Do you have a window that you can fit into in your room?" she texts. "Yes..." I text back. She texts me something I haven't done in a long time. "Sneak out." Those words haunted me. Last time I snuck out and my mom and dad were acting weird, I got a call from my frustrated mom and she said my dad was shot and is in the hospital. He died after 1 hour. My grandpa, grandma, uncles, and aunts have all been shot too. Only 1 has survived. She is my closest aunt. What if something happened again? It's not that common, and you would think they would stop by now...right? "Meet ya in the front." I text Chelsea.