Chapter 7

I can barely breathe anymore. My whole body hurts like death. Everything looks blurry. I fall asleep every time it feels like night not knowing if I'll wake up. And I don't care. What's the point of living? Even if I somehow get out of here, what will I go back to? My family? I don't have one, there's only my brother, and he probably is dead by now. I don't remember the last time I've chosen what to eat, or what to wear. I've been fed bread and water in jail, and I've been fed mac 'n cheese everyday here. That was my mothers favorite meal. Whoever has me right now had to have known my mother. This is pure torture. The room I'm in right now looks exactly like my bedroom back home, but there's no doors or windows. Every time I somehow fall asleep, I wake up to mac 'n cheese with water. That's all I get for the day. Not 3 meals, 1 bowl of mac 'n cheese. One day I even forgot my name, and how to count to 10. The only time I've been outside is when I ran away from jail. The last time I was free was 6 months ago. People have probably forgot about the woman who was found dead in her wine cellar. But I know for sure that they remember the woman who was found with a bullet in her chest. That was only 3 months ago. But I still remember. Every detail. That's the only thing I can seem to remember so clearly. That I'm alone. That I should be dead.