Shadows Chapter 2

So we went to the gas station and bought an eight pack of Mike's Hard Raspberry Lemonade. The guy working there was passed out, so we could've just taken it, but I wouldn't let Nyx do that. So we left the money on the countertop next to the cashier.

When we got home, her parents were in their bedroom. We couldn't even focus. It was nasty. We walked into the house, already on our second bottle and it was just gross! So we grabbed some food and our stuff. Then we moved to Nyx's trailer.

They had a big trailer. But then again her family had money. Lots of it. I once asked her if she had money why did she live in Minocqua, Wisconsin? She said because her parents ran away from any problems they cause or had caused. And this was the last place they ended up. "What's that on the counter?" I asked, pointing to a bag.

"I don't know." She sounded really shocked. So being the dumb curious people we are, we opened the bag.

"CONDOMS AND PREGNANCY TESTS!?" I shouted. "Nyx your parents are some messed up son of a bitches!" I gave her The Look. Her face was pale and she looked guilty. "Huh! Yeah they are my parents alright!" She said in a rush, then quickly walked to the couch.

"Nyx?" I questioned her. "Those aren't your parents' are they?" I saw her expression change, it went from pale to paler. She also was sinking down in her already slumped position.

"No. They aren't. It was the only place I could put them so my parents wouldn't see." She looked away from me and a tear rolled down her cheek. Dammit. I made her cry. That's great, just wonderful!

"Hey," I paused, stroking the side of her shoulder. "It's okay, just tell me the truth. You know, like we've done since we were four." There was a long, long pause before she said, "They are mine. This is where Matt and I always disappear to." Holy shit! She wasn't kidding that day when she told me she wasn't a virgin anymore! And I always thought she was lying. How could I not believe her?

"Well, don't just sit there and sulk! I want details!" I did that fake laugh thing after I said that. I really didn't want details. Any details. But it made her stop crying and laugh, so I took the chance.

"Zoey, you are a terrible liar, you know that right?"

"No! Alright yes." I said smiling at her. It's true though I. Suck. At. Lying. "Well, Since I don't want details, why didn't you tell me? You know I like to stay 'up-to-date' with Matt and you!" I smiled at her. Then she got up and did the famous Nyx Remix Dance. Now, that is a sight to see!

"Don't do that! You know it makes me laugh so hard I end up peeing my pants!" I said through laughs and snorts. "Well then you better go get a diaper on!" She exclaimed teasingly.

After she was done doing Her Thing. We sat in the couch for a few seconds, when there was a scratching sound on the door.