Shadows Chapter 6

"Kay see ya!" Johnny kissed me on the cheek as he walked me to my car. He was really sweet, but weird all at the same time. Turns out him and I basically have the same schedule, but Chris isn't in any of our classes. I asked Johnny where he and Chris came from. He gave me the silent treatment. Ugh. But he was cute and super nice.

I liked him. Which is weird because I haven't had a crush since the 8th grade, after Mr. Geek and I broke up. I can't wait to see him tomorrow! As I watched him walk away, my blood started to pump faster and faster as I realized I was going to see him again tomorrow. But first I had to spill my guts to the one and only person I trust with boy secrets, Nyx.

__________________________

I think I speeded down the road to Nyx's house because it took me like 3 minutes, when it usually takes me 8-10. Anyways, I got there. I knocked on her door. No answer. Dammit! I went to the trailer, and just as I was about to open the trailer door, it opened and Matt stepped out. He wasn't naked, or sweaty, or anything. He was wearing a T-shirt and jeans, but his facial expression told me it wasn't just cool Matt anymore. "Oh thank The Lord! Zoey! Just the person I wanted to see, and it saves me a trip too. Quick, its Nyx!" He yelled the words in my face. But when he said the last part, my heart stopped beating. It was Nyx. Oh gosh, she was pregnant. No! That can't be right. My spinning thoughts were interrupted by, "Zoey! Come here! It's awful! So awful!" Nyx. She was crying. Actually she was sobbing. Dammit.